Should I record my voice?

TheNM22

I Love YTtalk
Hey all ;)

I've been thinking for a while about whether or not I should start recording my voice for videos.
I have a lot of ideas for videos, but the problem is that I'm not really confident in my voice. I don't think that my voice would be suitable for listening to. I feel like I would just make a fool out of myself. (Yeah, I have self-esteem issues, I know)

I would love to bring all of my ideas to reality, but my negative way of thought is hindering me.

So, do you think that I should just go for it, or..?

I would love for some of you fine people to help me evaluate whether or not my voice is suitable for YouTube. From an experienced commentator, maybe?
Maybe just have a conversation with me over Skype or something?
But if that is to be happening, I need to get some honest opinions. I don't want any "Yeah, you could totally do it" if that is infact not the case. As I said, I don't want to end up making a fool out of myself ;)

Thanks for reading ;)

I lacked confidence at the start of recording. But seriously, once you get used to it, you will feel a lot better. It's basically trial and error. Just record your voice and see how it goes from there. I used to hate my voice, and now I don't really mind it.

Hey all ;)

I've been thinking for a while about whether or not I should start recording my voice for videos.
I have a lot of ideas for videos, but the problem is that I'm not really confident in my voice. I don't think that my voice would be suitable for listening to. I feel like I would just make a fool out of myself. (Yeah, I have self-esteem issues, I know)

I would love to bring all of my ideas to reality, but my negative way of thought is hindering me.

So, do you think that I should just go for it, or..?

I would love for some of you fine people to help me evaluate whether or not my voice is suitable for YouTube. From an experienced commentator, maybe?
Maybe just have a conversation with me over Skype or something?
But if that is to be happening, I need to get some honest opinions. I don't want any "Yeah, you could totally do it" if that is infact not the case. As I said, I don't want to end up making a fool out of myself ;)

Thanks for reading ;)

My thoughts precisely^ I know exactllyyyyy how you feel.

I think everyone is a bit shaky at first, especially hearing our own voices played back to us (yuck) :-p But, when you get used to it, you won't even notice! Plus, you might just be a bit harsh on yourself about your voice. As you grow more used to your voice, you'll get irreplaceable confidence in yourself. :)

Yeah I agree. You need your voice in there. I am not sure what it is that makes you lack confidence in your voice but if it helps, you don't have to show your face. Have to find the upside.

Most people tend not to like their voice when they hear it at first. You have been listening to your voice for a long time one way and you are so surprised when you hear how other people hear it, it can throw you off. That being said. You should definitely go for it. A skype call is okay, but you need to know how to commentate as well as like your voice. Just go for it!

As Rich said, to get anywhere with your videos in gaming, commentary is required to avoid total copyright claims.

Thanks for all of your answers, but some of you seem to have misunderstood me ;) This has absolutely nothing to do with monetization or a future network partnership :)

This is just about me wanting to make my creative ideas a reality, but not having the balls to do it, because of my voice! ;)

And thank you all for your tips and encouraging words :)

So, if I were to start doing some recording, should I start with some small stuff just to get the hang of it, before I start doing the videos that I really want to do? :)

So, if I were to start doing some recording, should I start with some small stuff just to get the hang of it, before I start doing the videos that I really want to do? :)

I think you should start with something small. When people are starting to use their voice on YouTube, their nerves start to get really shaky and they tend to lose their script and/or babble (I know I did!). Do little voice clips, then build up until you're confident. :)

Back