Should I have multiple channels for music lessons?

blackomen52

I started a guitar lesson channel a while ago and it's doing well. I'm a college student with way too much free time, so I want to start making music lessons for about 5 - 8 more instruments. I would make a lesson for each specific instrument every other day, so for example day 1 would be a lesson for instruments A, B, C, day 2 would be lesson for instruments D, E, F, and then repeat.

Should I make a new channel for each instrument or keep it all on one channel?

I feel like if I make a separate channel for each instrument, people are more likely to subscribe seeing as I'm only giving lessons for the instrument that they are interested in. However, if I had all on one channel I would grow faster view wise, but I think my sub ratio would me lower. What do you think?

if it was me i would concentrate on 1 channel with all instruments. but 3 videos a day would be too much.
Perhaps try 1 instrument per day and make it awesome rather than 3 'ok' videos.
You could even write a jingle for what instrument to expect a video on per day of the week. So every Monday would be a Guitar video, Every Tuesday a Piano video and so on

if it was me i would concentrate on 1 channel with all instruments. but 3 videos a day would be too much.
Perhaps try 1 instrument per day and make it awesome rather than 3 'ok' videos.
You could even write a jingle for what instrument to expect a video on per day of the week. So every Monday would be a Guitar video, Every Tuesday a Piano video and so on

I'm doing beginner lessons which aren't hard to do at all. Right now it takes me about 3 hours to make one video, and I don't have any more ways which will increase the quality of the video if I spend more time on it.
I know that daily uploading is good but do you think that two videos a day would still be too much when the channel gets to let's say.. 10k subs? (assuming that both of the videos are awesome quality rather than just ok)

You will only know by trial and error.
I have been uploading daily for last 2 months as a trial but I have reverted back to Bi-daily as it wasn't really working.

Think about your audience, rather than your production schedule. If I want to learn guitar, I'm going to search YouTube for "guitar lessons." A channel called "Blackomen Guitar School" is going to get my attention, and might actually show up in my search results because the search keyword is right there in your title, instead of something like "Blackomen Music."

Another thing to consider is that probably 99% of your viewers and subscribers will be there to learn just one instrument. If I want to learn piano, I'm only going to watch your piano videos and not the other 5 instruments you have lessons for. So guess what? That means most every subscriber you get will only view about 1/6th of your videos (if you teach six instruments.) That's going to make your analytics look pretty poor. To the algorithm, it might appear that your subscribers don't care for much of your videos, because they aren't watching a majority of them.

Were it me, I'd look into making separate channels with matching branding and logos and cross promote the other channels. Blackomen Piano, Blackomen Guitar, Blackomen Tuba, etc. Then when opening and closing each lesson, mention to the viewer that if they're interested in other instruments to check out that specific channel, and provide links.

Just my thoughts, for a different perspective. Good luck!

Back