Should i change username

Corad

My current name is only 3 letter long and doesn`t show up when searching (shows up only when you write url username). So should i change it to something longer and would it show up in search then?

Don't change it if you like it. Also, the more often your name pops up in SEO results, the more likely it will be for it to be searchable. My username 'sparrowtm' wasn't searchable for quite some time before Google 'flipped the switch'.

Just moving this to the Branding & Channel Design section of the forum for you. I believe your name coming up from a search has to do with views and watch time...I could be wrong about that though.

My channel name is "DTV" and when u search for it none of my stuff comes up. My channel has 100k views already. Don`t know if changing it would be worth it in a long run.

Just found my channel on page 11 when searching "DTV" .......

Don't change it. Give it time and It will start popping up.
^ This. Just give it a little time and it should start popping up. My old Youtube channel used to be the same way, it was only 4 characters and didn't pop up when i searched for it, but a little while later it did

Hmmmm okay, I see what's going on here. I just typed in DTV......and Disney Television is popping up...as well as DTV boxes for television. Yes I see you on page 11 there as well.
I guess you just have to decide...do you really love the name? Is it worth it to change it?

What does DTV stand for? make it something unique. Something that relates to your videos or what kind of person you are. If you type Desertdolphin on youtube i'm one of the first ones. Just mkae it something that isn't taken

Have you messed with your channel tags at all? that could help but if you do change it dont put weird numbers to represent letters or lettters to represent others, if you understand what i mean!

To be honest with you, I know people who would kill for names that are three letters. Or names that are just one real word such as "channel", or "love" list goes on. So I think if you stick through it for a while it may be more profitable in the future because its such an easy/short name to remember, thus branding is much easier. Thats my opinion though.

Back