Should I ask for subs in my videos?

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I ask in every video to like, share comment and subscribe! I've been doing it for months, is not harming me for sure

VloggySam

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
I rarely ask people to subscribe in my videos, merely in the description.
I put a phrase like "Subscribe and use the bell feature for getting informed of upcoming similar videos." near the end of the description.

I hate videos where the creator asks me to comment and like their video, subscribe the channel, use the bell feature, visit their fb, hug their cat, do whatever... best thrice in a row. Those regularly get a "thumbs down" and a comment stating the reason for the dislike.
You're losing out on subscribers there. I understand it can be annoying but so can adverts and they don't stop people watching. They are more likely to do something if you ask them to do it.

If you tell viewers you have a PO Box perhaps a few loyal subscribers may send stuff but if you actually ask viewers to send stuff then the response will be a lot lot bigger for the sake of 2 extra seconds.

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Reporter, Vlogger, Comedian, Commentator
Hey it doesn't hurt to ask for a Subscription! You'd be surprised how many people forget to click that button, so a nice reminder could gain you a whole new subscriber.

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
Looking at it from a viewer's perspective it does not bother me, as long as it is not overdone. I do think it is a great idea of reminding viewers that they can subscribe. A lot of average people just click thru videos and they forget to subscribe.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Reactions: abacoIan

JamesGAMES YT

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I ask in every video to like, share comment and subscribe! I've been doing it for months, is not harming me for sure
I haven't thought to ask people to comment. Do you find commenting is just as important as leaving a like or subscribing?[DOUBLEPOST=1547511472,1547511005][/DOUBLEPOST]I do all my calls of action in my end screen, but I post mostly long video game playthrough videos. I think I should do it at the beginning of my playthrough videos but I feel weird asking people to do all these things before I have delivered them value. However, I do have a subscribe button as part of my watermark, and I link my subscribe button in my description. I just don't want to overstep my boundaries when trying to get others to subscribe.

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I haven't thought to ask people to comment. Do you find commenting is just as important as leaving a like or subscribing?
According to Tom from Creator Insider (YT Channel ran by YT employees) the algorithm first detect Title and Thumbnail, then description, in the end tags but he said that likes and comments are also taken in consideration by the algorithm to recommend a video. Of course watch time is also important!

You pretty much want YouTube to recommend your videos! that's an easy way to grow

Reactions: JamesGAMES YT

JamesGAMES YT

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
According to Tom from Creator Insider (YT Channel ran by YT employees) the algorithm first detect Title and Thumbnail, then description, in the end tags but he said that likes and comments are also taken in consideration by the algorithm to recommend a video. Of course watch time is also important!

You pretty much want YouTube to recommend your videos! that's an easy way to grow
Thank you that's very helpful. I'll be sure to checkout Creator Insider!

MrBigKid

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
There’s nothing wrong with asking to subscribe, CTA’s are recommended.
Don’t be needy, don’t seem desperate, don’t seem corny.
Just say, if you like what you see, hit the subscribe button to see more!
It’s part of YT, some people will legitimately not think about subscribing unless they are reminded or asked. If that offends people, they just don’t need to subscribe :)