Shopping for a new camera :(

Laura Holmberg

Hey peoples of the youtube community,

My built-in camera has died on me, thus I am forced into needing a new camera. I want something that is capable of point and shoot photos with the added ability to film my videos. If you can suggest something that is user friendly and compatible with Mac OS it would be greatly appreciated.

P.s. I would also prefer a compact size instead of the bulky, highly expensive ones I see people using.

Much thanks,
Laura

What price range are you looking at? I'd have suggested a Canon 60D but that's not exactly compact haha.

Yeah, without a price range, we can't help you too much. And I know nothing about it anyway, since I do animation :) You'll have to rely on the others ;)

Actually, this is probably the best thing you could get if it's what I think you're looking for:
the Canon PowerShot ELPH looks amazing! and it comes in pink!! :p but as for price range I was hoping to spend less than 300, but I can go up to 400 if need be... after all this camera is an investment and I want to have it for more than a couple years (for both youTube and daily life)

Hey peoples of the youtube community,

My built-in camera has died on me, thus I am forced into needing a new camera. I want something that is capable of point and shoot photos with the added ability to film my videos. If you can suggest something that is user friendly and compatible with Mac OS it would be greatly appreciated.

P.s. I would also prefer a compact size instead of the bulky, highly expensive ones I see people using.

Much thanks,
Laura
I like my GoPro, but it doesn't come with a viewfinder. It's better for action videos. The pictures it takes are really nice too though! Here are two of them, can you tell what one I put through an editing program?;)
tippy olley pic.jpg GOPR3526.JPG

Back