SHHHH Sound On Audio

damnsam

Hey all! (I hope I'm posting in the right space)

I have a Pixel MC-50 shotgun mic and when I listen to play back there is a constant buzzing/shhh sound in the background and wanted to know if anyone had any tips on stopping this.
I've watched about two reviews on the microphone and in the test the mic sounded so amazing.

I'm not too sure if I need to run it through Audacity or what! Just unsure as to why it would sound different to reviewed videos. My camera is a Canon Rebel t3i if that helps.

Thank you

this is coming because you probably are connecting you mic through USB right? If so you need USB audio interface they aren't cheap(for me ;p) they are like 100-150$ minimum. That is needed to get the most out of your microphone.

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be from a lot of things, but it's probably your camera. We have a variety of mics ranging in quality/cost from $19 to $600 and no matter which one we use, when we plug it into our Canon DSLR, it has a background hiss like you describe.. this is due to the poor quality audio amps common in Canon cameras.
We have two work-arounds:
1) dont plug into the camera and use a separate recorder for audio, then sync in editing (major pain)
2) use sound removal/correction to get rid of the hiss which sometimes affects the overall quality of the audio

Back