Sending messages to friends and subscribers about new video releases on YouTube

TC Powers

Virtual War TV
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I usually do it but I don't know if it has brought me many new subs..the contacts I have are hard to convert for some reason?

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
Yeah my videos are way too embarrassing for me to be promoting them to friends and family. People I don't know? That's cool... I don't really want people I'm close to to know that I spend time talking to myself in front of a camera and dancing to silly songs I wrote. If I gain a following and get liked then I'll change my mind, but I want to see how people I don't know react first.

If I did decide my channel was entertaining enough and I wasn't just making a fool of myself, then I would probably say funny things like "click this, it's free candy!!" Or "The last guy who didn't click this never got laid again...." Really just ANYTHING but "Hey guys! Like my vids!! Chyeah!!!" That's one thing I don't plan to ever do...

Krowwzz

^^ Cool Dude
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Bleugh, I hate getting such messages

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
LOL, are we talking about in an inbox, or just posting on your own FB page? Cause if we're talking about sending these messages to people's inboxes, then that's a no brainer, don't be a nuisance, but if we're talking about just putting it on my wall and stuff, yeah I'd do it.

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
I had a very funny idea today, and I've run it by a few people that don't know me on FB (you know those friends you have that you're like "where did they come from? How do I know these people?) I messaged them and asked them if they would watch a video, if the person presented it completely as spam. Like saying "You are hiroshima, and I just dropped the SPAMTOMIC BOMB ON YOUR a**!!!" Or "I made you a sandwich, it's got lettuce, mayonaise, cheese, and oh what's this? SPAM!!!!" Like just being totally rude and up front about it, and they all said that they would definitely open that spam just out of curiosity of what kind of jerk off would do that. Now... I care about my reputation, so while I do find this an amusing idea, I'm pretty freaking sure I am NOT going to do that, but that would be pretty funny "I just left your mom's house, she was really great, she also told me you left for work today and forgot your SPAMM!!!!!" hahahaha

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had a very funny idea today, and I've run it by a few people that don't know me on FB (you know those friends you have that you're like "where did they come from? How do I know these people?) I messaged them and asked them if they would watch a video, if the person presented it completely as spam. Like saying "You are hiroshima, and I just dropped the SPAMTOMIC BOMB ON YOUR a**!!!" Or "I made you a sandwich, it's got lettuce, mayonaise, cheese, and oh what's this? SPAM!!!!" Like just being totally rude and up front about it, and they all said that they would definitely open that spam just out of curiosity of what kind of jerk off would do that. Now... I care about my reputation, so while I do find this an amusing idea, I'm pretty freaking sure I am NOT going to do that, but that would be pretty funny "I just left your mom's house, she was really great, she also told me you left for work today and forgot your SPAMM!!!!!" hahahaha
I can definitely see the funny side of that, I know if I had an email with the subject as that I would probably open it to read it and tell people close to me about how ridiculous it was and get them to watch the spammers video(s) just to see the person behind it, shame it would ruin your reputation though isnt it :D

Love4MusicUK

Reaction score
I've done it a couple of times before YouTube made changes to the messaging system, and I don't I really seen any benefit from it