Seeking schedule tips for a gaming channel.

Disneyland or Disneyworld, which one do you think is better?

• Disneyland

• Disneyworld

Results are only viewable after voting.

TobyWan

I feel like I've been stuck thinking about this all day so I need some help from people that have been in the same boat.

For a gaming channel thats going to be a mix of playthroughs (longer series) and probably some either short series or one-offs, does anyone have tips on what works for an upload schedule? Im playing with the idea of doing maybe an update to the longer series M-W-F and maybe a one-off T-TH. (started my channel 2 days ago, but this is my current idea moving forward.)

Literally no idea what I'm doing haha so let me know if that seems fine or if I should put more time into editing and lower my uploads to like 3 a week. Im open to anything, thanks ahead of time! :)

As someone who did gameplay in the past and tried to mix videos, what I can give you as advise is devise a schedule. What I had was: FPS Thursdays and Random Fridays and my vlog on Sunday. If I had been consistent with that schedule it would have been nice but I never got the time to do it fully like that, who knows I may devote 1 day to filming it all and then releasing it.
For playthroughs you should go ahead and try to do them every day or every other day.
Usually a good channel will try to upload 2-3 videos a week.

As someone who did gameplay in the past and tried to mix videos, what I can give you as advise is devise a schedule. What I had was: FPS Thursdays and Random Fridays and my vlog on Sunday. If I had been consistent with that schedule it would have been nice but I never got the time to do it fully like that, who knows I may devote 1 day to filming it all and then releasing it.
For playthroughs you should go ahead and try to do them every day or every other day.
Usually a good channel will try to upload 2-3 videos a week.

Haha I woke up with this as a number one worry, your speedy reply has helped clear some headspace so a big thanks! Everyday/Every other day sounds like a good idea for playthroughs. Right now my editing skills are pretty basic so shooting a set of 4 episodes takes around 2 hours, editing for 1 episode is like...maybe 20-30 minutes.

Im just doing simple audio mixing, trimming downtime, and some zooming or basic sprinkles on the cake. So I bet editing will take longer the more I learn. Thanks again!

You might want to do 2-3 videos to start with. Doing a video everyday if you're starting out will be tough, I would say start with a couple videos at first and make sure they're good quality and see what works for you, then you can expand your schedule if you want.

You might want to do 2-3 videos to start with. Doing a video everyday if you're starting out will be tough, I would say start with a couple videos at first and make sure they're good quality and see what works for you, then you can expand your schedule if you want.

Thanks for the feedback! As a caveat to both the idea of 3+ or 2-3 a week, the main goal would be consistency right? Better to have 3 videos a week guaranteed instead of a wishy-washy 5 videos one week, then 2 the next.

I feel like I've been stuck thinking about this all day so I need some help from people that have been in the same boat.

For a gaming channel thats going to be a mix of playthroughs (longer series) and probably some either short series or one-offs, does anyone have tips on what works for an upload schedule? Im playing with the idea of doing maybe an update to the longer series M-W-F and maybe a one-off T-TH. (started my channel 2 days ago, but this is my current idea moving forward.)

Literally no idea what I'm doing haha so let me know if that seems fine or if I should put more time into editing and lower my uploads to like 3 a week. Im open to anything, thanks ahead of time! :)

-In my opinion it should be as often as possible. I stared uploading my videos 3 weeks ago and I upload sometimes 3-4 videos in 1 day. I think when you are a small channel you should make really shot videos 3-4 min.. or 5-6 min videos - like highlights and not a 30 min long videos that no one will watch. (not even you).
One of my videos got over 20k views and so far its been working good for me. I am still new like I said i am just starting and its been working good for me I will keep doing that.

I think Wednesday is the best for uploading video, Because it chance to grow you video and get more view on Thursday, Friday and at the end of Sunday afternoon viewers down.

Oh boy, three plus videos a week will have you burnt out real quick. I did that for two weeks straight and by the end of it I was like " what do I do next?" I post at least 2-3 times per week just to keep myself relevant..but the best days to post are Thursday's, Friday's and Saturday's for obvious reasons ;)

Do what you feel you can do. Don't push yourself. But once you get a schedule, stick with it. I was doing M-W-F series and T-TH let's plays. I burned myself out and had to take a break from YouTube. Now I'm doing 4 videos a week T-Sun series and TH-Sat let's play. Like I said, it's all up to you in the end, but once you start a schedule, stick with it.

Back