Jacadamia

So I wrote the script for my second video, and went to record the audio for it. However, it... didn't go so well? For some reason, it feels like the second video is even harder to get right. I want to improve on my videos (or... er, video) while still keeping what made the first one likeable and good. This is a challenge alright...

I'll most likely rewrite the script and try again tomorrow, but has anyone else ever dealt with something like this? I'm sure it's all in my head, but it feels a lot harder to not be in my head now that I've started. Maybe doing something completely different first will help me get back in a groove. What do you think? Any suggestions?

I'll give my advice. I used to a tv director so this might help. It doesn't matter what the video is, but whatever you're doing, the audience has no idea what's going on backstage to make it. They don't know about what it took to make it. When they watch it they process it differently that you do. So just go with it, they might like it

The fact that you care about making sure your content is good, means a lot and bodes well for you.

I just watched your first video and I really enjoyed it, but it seemed to drag a bit. I say just write about 10 minutes worth of material and then cut it in half. Yes, in half. It feels bad but the end result is a video packed with the funniest stuff you were able to write on the subject.

Good luck!

I'll give my advice. I used to a tv director so this might help. It doesn't matter what the video is, but whatever you're doing, the audience has no idea what's going on backstage to make it. They don't know about what it took to make it. When they watch it they process it differently that you do. So just go with it, they might like it

That's a really good point! A bit scary to think that they could see it completely differently, but good to keep in mind. Thanks!

(Also, you used to be a tv director?? That's so cool!)[DOUBLEPOST=1470825260,1470825223][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've moved this to the Script, Video Ideas and Planning Forum. ^^
Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1470835892][/DOUBLEPOST]
The fact that you care about making sure your content is good, means a lot and bodes well for you.
That's awesome then! But yeah, I just want to make it enjoyable, for everyone and myself : -]

I just watched your first video and I really enjoyed it, but it seemed to drag a bit. I say just write about 10 minutes worth of material and then cut it in half. Yes, in half. It feels bad but the end result is a video packed with the funniest stuff you were able to write on the subject.
Woah, half? That sounds a little crazy but I know you're right, there's a lot I could have cut out to make it smoother and snappier. I actually decided to put that script on hold, so that's what I'll do to it when I get back to it. For now though, I actually came up with a fun little idea that I just improvised, I actually had a lot of fun with it and it's a lot shorter than the first : -]

Good luck!
Thanks! You too!

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. If you can get videos up, that's probably going to do you more good in the long run than agonizing over getting your script/video perfect.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. If you can get videos up, that's probably going to do you more good in the long run than agonizing over getting your script/video perfect.
Woah, I never thought about it like that... That's a really good tip! Thanks a lot : -] I guess it is really easy for me to fall into that hole, I've always been a bit of a perfectionist

Back