Second Channel

Honestly, starting out I think you should focus on growing one channel because managing multiple channels might get stressful and lot of work and then you might get unmotivated and overwhelmed.

I was thinking of going for a second channel too but after thinking about it for some time now i don`t think its a good idea for small you tubers mainly because as Adil_Constantine said stress and it would be much better and easier to promote a second channel when your first channel is successful.Also you can always mix 2 types of content if that`s whats making you start a second channel but just make sure those contents relate to each other for example i do on my channel 2 types of games 2 different communitys but that`s the secret start small then go big.

My philosophy used to be, keep everything under one roof but with so many channels out there competing for eyeballs, I'm trying out extra channels now. However, they have specific themes so when people sub to those channels, they know exactly what kind of content they will get.

I made secondary and third channels (even fourth and fifth) for the topics that are not fitting the my main channel and I don't regret it. So the subscribed people interested in gaming will not get non gaming videos in their feeds and the other way around. And since YouTube broke more than one thousand of my videos, I will not confuse the viewers by re-uploading the same videos over and over again. I just re-upload them on the secondary channel, and the main channel stays stronger than ever (despite YouTube's negligee on fixing their bugs).

With that being said, the fourth and the fifth channels are total disasters and they will hardly reach 5K total views in the next 2 years or so. My experience is good with two-three channels just in case, but not more i.e. don't spread too much.

i think it depends on the content thats going on each channel lets say if one channel is for gaming/makeup/etc and the other for vlogs or other camera type based content then i say sure
but if its like top 10 type videos then u want the 2nd to be vlogs i think u can put those in the same channel

I think you could mix you content on one channel until you get bigger. You could go ahead and make the 2nd channel just so you have the channel name and stuff already. that way you don't have to worry about someone else taking the name

Will the 2nd channel be linked to the original channels content or just a 2nd seperate channel? As I started about 10 channels/themes to see which one done best and kept up with that one.

Back