Script writing help

Im just going to come out and ask, how do you guys read a script. Im not asking how to read of course but I am wondering how you inject humor into it. How do you not sound like a robot. Also how do you keep yourself from being distractedfrom the script. (I dont have anything like ADHD but Im very easily distracted)

it sounds like maybe you should just give up the script. If there is a lot of detail you are trying to give, then try pictures, charts, etc.

Try bullet points instead.

I tried to share a Nick Nimmin Video but it won't let me post the link for you to watch for some reason.

1. Stand up while you read.
  2. Use hand gestures like you would if you're talking to someone.
  3. Carry through with your body language as if you were talking to someone.

As for humor, mankind has yet to define what makes something funny. Can't engineer it.

I'm studying screenwriting in college, actually, so hopefully my advice is worth something. If you're intent on a script, then start with your characters. Every detail about them, become passionate about them. From there, put them into the situation and define a few key moments you want them to go through. Then, link up those moments. Take each plot point you set in already and connect them in a sensible, fun manner. The script will almost write itself from here. Just make sure that the characters are maintaining interesting, relatable conversation and as for humor, that's for you to define. Your humor is why people go to your channel!

Just my advice. Good luck!

Back