Screen Recorders

RedzZ

Hi there,
Does anyone know of any good free screen records, i have been using OBS Free for a while but my gameplay is just not smooth, however the frames in game stay around 60.

Hi there,
Does anyone know of any good free screen records, i have been using OBS Free for a while but my gameplay is just not smooth, however the frames in game stay around 60.

Welcome to YTtalk. I've moved this to the recording / editing / production / hardware forum. :)

Make sure you aren't recording with monitor capture. Use the game capture feature. If video is choppy but the game was fine it probs the disc/hard drive speed. If that is the case use an SSD for future recordings.

OBS Studio is excellent, but it does take some tinkering as you say. You might be having some issues with the output settings, especially if in game is totally fine, but I believe OBS has an included preset for YouTube which you can set Frame Rates at which is easy. And ofcourse make sure you choose the right kind of capture, as said above, display or window capture is much harder on the computer than simply using Game capture which is designed for that exact use!

I use bandicam personally, but my computer has pretty sweet speca so theres no noticable performance hit, if you have an nVidia card, shadowplay is a great shout because it uses a chip specifically on the card itself.

Back