Scenic Filming.

So I live on a nice coastal town in Australia, perfect for some awesome scenic shots and montages. I was just wondering what cool equipment (Cameras, Stabilisers, etc) you guys would recommend for me to get/use for said shots as I'm just starting out and have, literally, no clue.

Hi, Zach! If you check my videos, as an amateur, I use a dron (mavic or bebop2), gopro 3 or 5, and Panasonic GU3 (this one is for close ups and depth of field). I commented on one of your youtube videos. I can try to tell you more things, but some people might not take it well. But you got good ideas for footage. More light in inside shots would also help. Well done!

All really is choice of preference. =] I tend to lean towards Canon cameras and the Sony A7S (that my friend owns). Him and I love the scenic videos we have made and in the works. Are you looking for a DSLR type of camera, Camcorder and/or drone shots for scenic videos?

Anyways the equipment I use is:

Canon XA35 (Camcorder)
Canon Rebel T5i (DSLR)
Audio Technica AT8024 (Shotgun Microphone)
Opteka CSX Multi-rig (Which I look to be replacing when I can)

My best example for a current scenic video is my Nakoma Resort Vacation. But regardless best of luck and hope that gives you some more insight and options to look at when looking for cameras and equipment. =]

Back