Scared!

Tom Stevenson

Who knows what I do!
After finally getting into a routine of making 1 video a week, and of a decent quality.

I move house, move in with friends... I'm scared to make video's, I don't feel comfortable. I don't want that to effect my video making, when I get round to re-starting it all again!

Any advice?

You have to just go for it. I'm guessing it's your friends that are making you uncomfortable? If so, Just tell your flat mates that you're going to do a recording so they don't walk in on your recording session. They might not even care and just let you get on with it. Do they know you make videos?

Try it, tell your friends. If you are truly uncomfortable after that, I guess you could find ways around it. But one thing you shouldn't let affect you is what they might think of you, because they won't think less of you if you make YouTube videos, especially if they are your friends.

If I run into problems like this, I tend to think something like "I don't care if they don't like it. I like doing it". In this situation I would tell them, and if they say "really?" I would just give an honest response: "I like doing it, no matter what you think". Of course, that may sound a bit harsh to say so quick, so of course adapt to the situation and stay friends!

Who knows? If they like it, they may want to join or just support! Everything is more fun with friends!

Aaah, sometimes I have the same feeling with my friends/family xD

It's kinda awkward to make videos when someone is nearby, but if that person knows that you're recording, it shouldn't be difficult for you. I've seen your videos and they're funny and weird in a good way. If you have the balls to post videos from yourself like that, why are you afraid for your friends to know that you're making videos?

What I try to say is: You upload weird/funny videos of yourself where millions of people can see you, why are you afraid to make videos with the presence of your mates?

Just explain to them and if they laugh at you, let them. They're your friends of not, your call, but are you sure to give up 400 + subscribers just because you're afraid to record with your friends around?

Think about it :p

Just do it and don't worry! :)
Just politely tell them you need some time & space to make your videos :D

Eh, it's something you just gotta get over. If your friends can't accept you for you then they're not really great friends. And yeah, try to get them in a few videos. I like to do that whenever possible, myself.

Back