RPG Let's Player and Video Game critic

QuiteGoneJin

Letf Handed Red Headed Stepchild Gamer
Hi all, just getting into YT LP's and content along those lines but I have solid quality audio video and content. Would love some criticism from anyone in any tone.

Thanks kindly and have a wonderful day.

Right off the bat, you have great video and audio quality. One little criticism: your microphone, although super clear, has a bit of a tinny sound to it. I suggest toying around with it in your audio capture software or your video editor to try and fix it up.

Your commentary is pretty good quality, and your voice is great for it. I recommend making a few little cuts during the more bland parts of gameplay (in Fallout's case, traveling). Although I do like that you have timestamps for some of the more interesting parts!

The last thing I'll touch on is branding. Try playing around in photoshop and design yourself a bright and clean banner that represents your channel. Do the same with a little logo or icon for your profile picture. Your thumbnails are alright but you could use some brighter colours so they stand out from the crowd a bit more!

Hope I could help!

Right off the bat, you have great video and audio quality. One little criticism: your microphone, although super clear, has a bit of a tinny sound to it. I suggest toying around with it in your audio capture software or your video editor to try and fix it up.

Your commentary is pretty good quality, and your voice is great for it. I recommend making a few little cuts during the more bland parts of gameplay (in Fallout's case, traveling). Although I do like that you have timestamps for some of the more interesting parts!

The last thing I'll touch on is branding. Try playing around in photoshop and design yourself a bright and clean banner that represents your channel. Do the same with a little logo or icon for your profile picture. Your thumbnails are alright but you could use some brighter colours so they stand out from the crowd a bit more!

Hope I could help!
Thanks kindly Ninja. Can you listen / Watch episode 17+ or my newest video and see if its better? I started some basic audio editing and more timestamps there. I am not very artistic so I don't know how Ill make a banner/icon but I'll get on it asap. I find the compliments highly flattering and don't even know how to respond! <3

Thanks kindly Ninja. Can you listen / Watch episode 17+ or my newest video and see if its better? I started some basic audio editing and more timestamps there. I am not very artistic so I don't know how Ill make a banner/icon but I'll get on it asap. I find the compliments highly flattering and don't even know how to respond! <3
I watched episodes 17 and 18, as well as your Fixing Fallout response, it is a lot better than the earlier episodes but I can still hear it. Also someone is doing some free design work on here for a limited time, I'd hop on that if I were you! Here's the link to the post http://yttalk.com/threads/free-channel-art-work-banner-thumbnails-outros.194500/page-2#post-1815766

Amazing, will do ty. I do edit my voice in audacity, I will definitely research more.[DOUBLEPOST=1451504133,1451440823][/DOUBLEPOST]that bloke is making me a banner and some art, delightful! Ty. I also made a short Fitness Tips video where its just me talking to the screen, not sure if I like it but it is a start. I need to learn some layering and png skills asap.

You are going to have an amazing channel I can tell. You have the perfect personality/voice for it. Only thing I would change is maybe putting a little more time into thumbnails. Your narrative/gameplay is waaaaaaay better than the thumbnails let on.

Thanks kindly. What would you suggest? I'm also going to get better lighting and a green screen but have a very limited budget and need to do it myself.

Changed some thumbnails, my icon and got a banner made, wonder if it makes a difference or not. Also DIY a backdrop and lighting so my newer (after ep18) videos should look nicer.

Your videos are nice. Personally I only have 1 YouTuber that I watch regularly who does 20+ minute uploads, reason being is that to be honest dedicating an entire half hour to watching a single video can be pretty intimidating for most people, especially on a channel that is new. Now obviously there's probably not a whole lot you could do to avoid these long videos considering the content that you're providing, I am just saying it's probably going to be a tough journey to get people to stick around for all of your video, which really is a shame since your content is pretty entertaining.

If I were you, I would do a complete overhaul on your channels graphics, and let that continue through your thumbnails in the future. Titles and thumbnails are incredibly important because it's the first impression of your video, if someone types in fallout 4 lets play do you think yours will be the first to pop up? Probably not, it's such a common and overused title, try something that makes it stand out more, something that would make people want to click it. Same for the thumbnails, instead of a generic picture of the fallout boy maybe try editing it in a picture editor to try and make it pop more.

Back