Review on Channel overall. Is it too random and unfocused?

Natalie

Liking YTtalk
So I'll be honest, I never really had a proper direction with where I wanted to take my youtube channel. However, after a few years worth of break time, I've come back to my channel and decided that I want to take it more seriously.
Right now, I have a fair idea of what I want to post. Music, games, and potentially vlogs (as I travel a lot) in the future. But do you guys think that my channel is too varied and random?
I thought about making different channels for them, but being a full-time university student with a part time job, working over 20 hours a week and also managing my own martial arts club, I don't think I'll have the time to grow multiple different channels.

Also, what do you guys think of the overall quality and content in my videos? I'm learning bits and pieces as I go about editing, recording and designing stuff, so it's all still a working progress. I would love any feedback, even if it's just to say I suck and need to improve (-.-) .... I know.

Anyway, massive thanks to anyone who actually read all of this and took the time to reply. I'm sorry I ask so many questions. THANK YOU.

(In case, the link in my signature doesn't work... my channel is TheNatatanga)

Last edited:
hey love! i just checked out your channel. It's really okay to have whatever videos you want to post on your channel whether it'd be vlogs or gameplay or your song covers. In the end, it's your channel and you decide what goes on it. So no, I don't think you're going the wrong direction. But it would really help if you have unity in thumbnails to make your video tab cleaner.

Like you, I post random videos I want.. Gameplay, DIYs, Makeup, Storytime, etc.
I just make sure I use the same style font for every thumbnail
so it looks a bit more planned out that it actually is. Haha.

I hope this helped! :*

If I were you I would put up a proper channel trailer. If people feel confused then the trailer (Wich is the first thing they see) will clear up what you are really about.

I do think that you need to focus your channel on one thing for now. Try to build a following on one of those three areas, whether it is gaming, music or vlogs. They are all 3 very different areas to explore at the same time. If you really want to do them all, make sure you find a balance and a link between all of them. For example: my channel is based of playing games and me narrating stories that have happened to me over the years. That left me the possibility to start vlogging since my subs are interested on seeing what happens to me on a day to day basis, but they are also here to watch the gameplay so i can upload videos strictly about games aswell. At the end of the day it is your channel and you will have the final say on the direction you want to take it in, but as a fellow content creator i would suggest to target a specific audience first and then exand into different areas. Best of luck to you!

Back