Responding to haters... works?

KGATV

YASSS
So recently someone has been mass-disliking my videos with multiple accounts (About 12-13). Well I guess they realized it wasn't really affecting me much because they started to leave hate comments. I was simply deleting the comment and blocking the channel, but I decided to respond to one.

Now I know responding to trolls can turn bad, I usually suggest that no one replies to them. But I figured i'd give it a shot. So I made the comment as nice as possible. I said that it's not affecting me if that's what they're after, and they are wasting their time commenting and thumbing up their comment on multiple accounts. (The comment would get 6-7 thumbs up in a minute.. I don't get enough traffic for that to be legit).

To my surprise, the comments and dislikes have stopped. I haven't received any more mass-dislikes, or hate comments since. Now of course it may to be to early to judge, but usually within the first day of a new upload I receive mass-dislikes. It's actually a great feeling that maybe the person decided to actually leave me alone. I just wish I know what I did to make him mad, but then again it could just be a troll who does this to multiple people for the heck of it. I also haven't got botted since (But I don't know if this is the same person who has botted my channel).

I'm now crossing my fingers that this person is finally going to leave me alone. I hope that since I responded in a polite manner, and not in a rude way, they changed their mind about me and/or my channel. Have you ever had a troll/hater that wouldn't leave you alone?

So recently someone has been mass-disliking my videos with multiple accounts (About 12-13). Well I guess they realized it wasn't really affecting me much because they started to leave hate comments. I was simply deleting the comment and blocking the channel, but I decided to respond to one.

Now I know responding to trolls can turn bad, I usually suggest that no one replies to them. But I figured i'd give it a shot. So I made the comment as nice as possible. I said that it's not affecting me if that's what they're after, and they are wasting their time commenting and thumbing up their comment on multiple accounts. (The comment would get 6-7 thumbs up in a minute.. I don't get enough traffic for that to be legit).

To my surprise, the comments and dislikes have stopped. I haven't received any more mass-dislikes, or hate comments since. Now of course it may to be to early to judge, but usually within the first day of a new upload I receive mass-dislikes. It's actually a great feeling that maybe the person decided to actually leave me alone. I just wish I know what I did to make him mad, but then again it could just be a troll who does this to multiple people for the heck of it. I also haven't got botted since (But I don't know if this is the same person who has botted my channel).

I'm now crossing my fingers that this person is finally going to leave me alone. I hope that since I responded in a polite manner, and not in a rude way, they changed their mind about me and/or my channel. Have you ever had a troll/hater that wouldn't leave you alone?

It just depends how you do it and what you want. I respond to many of my haters with jokes. But you know, kinda belittling ones to make my subs laugh. Sometimes the haters feel they have been made to look foolish and don't return, sometimes they just round up friends and come back harder than ever. I just can't think of a good comeback and not say it though, it's dang near impossible for me LOL

It just depends how you do it and what you want. I respond to many of my haters with jokes. But you know, kinda belittling ones to make my subs laugh. Sometimes the haters feel they have been made to look foolish and don't return, sometimes they just round up friends and come back harder than ever. I just can't think of a good comeback and not say it though, it's dang near impossible for me LOL

Hahaha yeah. I try not to get involved with them, because I feel like if I reply it would just make it worse.

I hadn't had an actual hater yet. Maybe because I'm super small right now :) That's one of the advantages of having a small channel I guess.

Hahaha yeah. I try not to get involved with them, because I feel like if I reply it would just make it worse.

I find it tends to go ok usually if you are for real funny. Like.. someone says "This is the gayest thing I've ever seen" You wouldn't want to be like "pffft tell that to my girlfriend!" Or "No I like boobs thank you" Now you just sound butthurt. Instead try something like "I know dude even my fruit basket thought so" Or "You haven't seen my other videos then it just gets gayer from here..." You know, make fun of YOURSELF or maybe like, say something RANDOM, like "Dude you suck d**k DIE" And you say "But what no one wants to inherit my stamp collection and I would feel like I'd abandoned it..." You know just... stuff that shows no serious concern and is legit funny LOL

I find it tends to go ok usually if you are for real funny. Like.. someone says "This is the gayest thing I've ever seen" You wouldn't want to be like "pffft tell that to my girlfriend!" Or "No I like boobs thank you" Now you just sound butthurt. Instead try something like "I know dude even my fruit basket thought so" Or "You haven't seen my other videos then it just gets gayer from here..." You know, make fun of YOURSELF or maybe like, say something RANDOM, like "Dude you suck d**k DIE" And you say "But what no one wants to inherit my stamp collection and I would feel like I'd abandoned it..." You know just... stuff that shows no serious concern and is legit funny LOL

Haha yeah those are always funny. I never really know exactly what to say though xD

well,like symph said it all depends how you respond to them..all trolls have a different way of "hating" on a video. some are aggressive and threatening ..some leave pointless comments like "you suck" and some just leave stupid comments that make no sense like the one droidiinator got not too long ago.

only thing i can say about dealing with trolls is this... they are everywhere..this is the internet and they will never go away..best thing to do is ignore it and move on unless its out of control then you can flag and report and all these kinds of things..Now if you're pretty good at handling your self and you have no problem twisting some people up...then Trolls can be the greatest thing about youtube lol

all in all ..just depends on the situation.

Back