Recording Tips For Mac Gameplay Commentators

ItsTurtleeTime

ItsTurtleeTime
Hello all here's a small guide for people recording on mac, even though it's not really mean't for gaming!

Do's: - Get good software that will work for you everyone is different
- Buy a webcam the built in one will not do!
- Buy a mic! The built in one is basically cell phone quality
- Convert File types for uploads Mac's are unique the files for youtube sometimes upload slow
- Be creative you have a computer built around this concept!

Dont's: - IMOVIE IS NOT THE RIGHT SOFTWARE it works well starting off but you will need to upgrade
-Use quicktime to record screen, this makes the quality up and down and you will not always have the quality you want
-Use "free programs" they are watermarked or just plain bad!
- Record skype (Dual Coms) as computer audio (Use soundflower)

Programs?
-I use screen flow for everything, my favourite program allows you to record EVERYTHING: Screen, Computer Audio, Webcam, and is very easy to use

Microphone?
-Any microphone from "BLUE" will do, I used a snowball and then eventually upgraded to a yeti I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS

You're all set! Be your self and get out there you need to entertain your viewers, GOOD LUCK :D

-Fruity

Don't do this. He is giving help to people with Macs. If you want to start a Mac vs PC flame war, go elsewhere.

I'm not, just messing around, to be honest. I enjoy making jokes about Macs. And it's kind of an inside joke between Fruity and I ;)

So basically... Don't use the threads. Like 90% of what I say is a joke.
Yeah, I've noticed this. I sometimes laugh at your posts too, though I'm typing on a Mac right now ;)

I don't know much about gameplay commentaries, but these seem like a good general outline.

Screenflow is a very good program. I wouldn't agree on buying a new webcam, though, if you have a newer Mac desktop. My 27 inch iMac has a very nice 720p webcam that works just fine for me.

Back