Valerik

Liking YTtalk
Hey everyone,

I am looking to start doing some collaboration videos, but I cannot seem to be able to find a way to record game audio separately from the voices coming from Discord. I use OBS Studio to record both audio and video, and I have seen other being able to record Discord as a separate track, but I cannot seem to be able to, as I only get the options for default speakers (which is my earphones) and my microphone to put on each track, thus as both the game and Discord go through the earphone, I cannot split them.

It would be AMAZING and very appreciated if anyone could help. Thank you in advance
- Valerik

Hey everyone,

I am looking to start doing some collaboration videos, but I cannot seem to be able to find a way to record game audio separately from the voices coming from Discord. I use OBS Studio to record both audio and video, and I have seen other being able to record Discord as a separate track, but I cannot seem to be able to, as I only get the options for default speakers (which is my earphones) and my microphone to put on each track, thus as both the game and Discord go through the earphone, I cannot split them.

It would be AMAZING and very appreciated if anyone could help. Thank you in advance
- Valerik

Aaah thats difficult. I use Camtasia which records my System audio and then i use Audacity to record my voice then when im done, i just piece them together with my face and cut bits out. I havent used OBS before but maybe you could try and use Camtasia?

Aaah thats difficult. I use Camtasia which records my System audio and then i use Audacity to record my voice then when im done, i just piece them together with my face and cut bits out. I havent used OBS before but maybe you could try and use Camtasia?
the problem here is, that Discord and game audio are both system audio

I'd recommend the OP to use some virtual speakers for game audio if he doesn't need to hear it and record these separately with some other program

I'd recommend the OP to use some virtual speakers for game audio if he doesn't need to hear it and record these separately with some other program

Yes, I am now using a virtual cable to pass discord through, and with the help of Voicemeeter, it seems to work, but I have to do some more tests.

Back