Recording from SCUMMVM

The GMan

Loving YTtalk
I love playing the old LucasArts point and click games as well as some others but FRAPS doesn't record from SCUMMVM. I could use DOSBOX but the setup can be a bit of a pain. Does any one know how to record from SCUMMVM? Failing that it will have to be a DOSBOX recording.

I would suspect that SCUMMVM isn't running true fullscreen. FRAPS has an issue recording Windows AERO which includes a number of types of software.

Give Bandicam a try. I've had good luck with it picking up what little slack FRAPS has.

I would suspect that SCUMMVM isn't running true fullscreen. FRAPS has an issue recording Windows AERO which includes a number of types of software.

Give Bandicam a try. I've had good luck with it picking up what little slack FRAPS has.

Thanks, I will give it a try.

Damnit... now you went and made me want to go record Day of the Tentacle and some Indiana Jones games....

Haha sorry, I want to do the same, the old LucasArts adventure games are amazing, some of my favourite games.

Haha, good ols ScummVM, i played all the old Monkey Island games, day of the tentacle and of course sam and max :D nostalgia right there :D as for recording, is there and option to choose a part of the screen to record and just try not to move the scummvm window?

I think FRAPS just records the software is picks up, its not really a screen recorder. I'm not sure why it picks up DOSBOX but not ScummVM.

As for the nostalgia trip, I agree with you right there. Discworld, Simon the Sorcerer (1 and 2 only) and the Broken Sword series some more great adventure games. Did you ever play Full Throttle?

Back