Recent controversy about Vlog couple

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I've done a quick forum search and couldn't find a thread about this so sorry if this has already been discussed.

There's a Vlog couple on YouTube called "Sam and Nia" (https://www.youtube.com/user/samuel8955) and they are also members of YTtalk (http://yttalk.com/members/sam-and-nia.28699/) - I remember them from back when I was a mod here despite them never being active after their introduction.

They market themselves as "Christian Vloggers" whatever that's supposed to mean.... But let's just say that there's often a "holier than thou" and "we're the perfect family" vibe to their videos.

Even for me, as someone who doesn't particulary like watching Vlog channels,I have to admit the quality of their videos and channel is good. They clearly put a lot of work into their intro, outro, music, lighting, editing etc.

Ok so that's the backstory, now on to the controversy:

Despite the decent quality of their videos, their channel has been relatively unknown up until a few weeks ago. They had slow and steady growth but I would never have considered a big channel.

So what happened 3 weeks ago? Well they made a video which went viral (14 million views)

The video is the husband (Sam) going into the bathroom and notices that his wife (Nia) hasn't flushed and so he does a pregancy test on the pee still in the toilet and lo and behold, he discovers she's pregnant.......

The video is so obviously FAKE to try and go viral that it's not even funny. I can't believe how stupid they must think people are. Then a few weeks later, they made a video announcing she had miscarriaged. If true, then that is obviously very sad. There's a lot of people who think the whole thing was made up and she was never pregnant in the first place and that both videos are totally fake. Anyway, either way, let's just say that their sadness and her quick recovery seemed very strange indeed. Watch the videos and make your own minds up.....

So after all the pregnancy controversy, their videos had an even stronger self-righteous and religious theme to them with the husband preaching to everyone and saying he forgave people and how much he loves his wife.......

Anyway fast forward to last week and the hacking of the Ashley Madison site (website where married people can find affairs with other married people) and guess who was revealed as a paying member of the site ?! Sam ! So it turns out he had signed up on the site just after his poor wife had given birth. Doesn't sound very Christian does it? LMFAO - You can read about it here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-miscarriage-paying-user-Ashley-Madison.html

He has now come out and admitted it on his channel. He says that his wife and God have forgiven him.....

And the final bit of gossip: They recently went to a YouTube event called VLOGGER FAIR where they were doing a panel. Backstage, there were a load of other VLOGGERs who called Sam out on his BS and they all got into a big argument about it. In the end, the organisers decided to kick Sam and Nia out of the event and they've decided to take a break from YouTube......

Unfortunately the result in all this is that their channel has received loads of publicity and so they probably don't care about their terrible behaviour. They can just ask God for forgiveness I suppose SMH

There's a really interesting discussion about this on a channel called Mornings With Fousey and I think everyone should watch it

I hate when people label themselves as a Christian to cover up how messed up they truly are. A real Christian wouldn't do something like this (if it is true). It is just irritating to say the least,and i'm an agnostic xD

What would p**s me off,is if it comes out they faked a miscarriage. That would be messed up,many people out there have had those,and its not cool to fake one...ever.

True! Very insensitive towards people who have actually had to go through that :/
I'm a comedian,and I do enjoy messing with people and dark humor, but I'd never go as far as to joke about kids. Most people with a brain know better than to jump over that line. These vloggers seem fake,and its shameful if they are. I agree, miscarriages are no joke.

What would p**s me off,is if it comes out they faked a miscarriage. That would be messed up,many people out there have had those,and its not cool to fake one...ever.

I agree.

But even if it was real (which I don't think it was), I can't get over how they've exploited it. I'm pretty sure that if I was married and my wife had just miscarriaged, then I wouldn't be sticking a camera in her face and filming her reaction. In fact, YouTube would be the last thing on my mind. I'd be grieving and taking care of my wife. But on their channel, they make a new video just days after the "miscarriage" titled "The first day of the rest of our lives" with huge smiles on the thumbnail and they carry on as though nothing has happened............

If they did have a miscarriage, then yes it is pretty sad. But I don't believe it lol
They just seem pretty fake and after that ashley madison thing I just kinda stopped following all of this cause it was such a mess

Yeah, that sums up how I feel about it too. Their whole channel is just one big lie. He even claims in one of his videos that he's given up his job for YouTube, but someone called where he worked and his employers denied it.

Back