Reach people outside subscriber circle! [help]

Stay Interested

Hey guys!
I have been stuck at 76 subscribers for a while and I believe I am not reaching people who aren't already subscribed to my channel.

Do you have any tips and ideas that can help me reach people who aren't already subscribed?
Thank you

The answer is simple yet it's a hard thing to do. Make videos that make people want to share them. If the first thing someone does aftercwatching your video is share it, then that takes care of most of the work. It's hard to pull off. I haven't had a video illicit that kind of response in me since spider dog a few years back.

I would say to find the places online where people are doing or talking about the things your channel is about and find ways of getting the videos to them. Now, that can be difficult, as spamming your YouTube links in many places (like Reddit) is not encouraged at all, and can lead to a lot of bad karma, so it's a process. For instance, I'm part of a puppetry group on Facebook, and they actively encourage people who have participated in the group to share the work they're doing, but if someone just came in and started posting YouTube videos without being an active member of the group otherwise, that could be a problem.

I would say to find the places online where people are doing or talking about the things your channel is about and find ways of getting the videos to them. Now, that can be difficult, as spamming your YouTube links in many places (like Reddit) is not encouraged at all, and can lead to a lot of bad karma, so it's a process. For instance, I'm part of a puppetry group on Facebook, and they actively encourage people who have participated in the group to share the work they're doing, but if someone just came in and started posting YouTube videos without being an active member of the group otherwise, that could be a problem.
I think you totally nailed it. It is hard not to spam people at first or when you feel stuck. But we found out that actively engaging other channels boosted our view more then a spammy video drop or a follow me comment.

Building genuine relationships with other people across all platforms (and not just Youtube) helps. You should have seen the smile on my face when one of my favourite Youtubers subscribed to my channel. I do support other channels that I love and champion them on social media, without expecting something in return but it's great to see to get support from them as well. Just be active and genuine in related online communities.

Back