Ran Out of Ideas; Disillusioned With Youtube

Yeah, first suggestion is make a video telling your subscribers LIGHTLY what's going on, you don't have to do what I do and spill all the most embarrassing details for your audience to scrutinize (yes I do that to myself alot lol) but you could just say "things have become very complicated right now, I am putting the channel on hold, will update you as I know what's going to happen"

Now what you need to do is blank out. Blank out your mind and your thoughts about your channel, blank out the concepts you've been vlogging about, blank out your perception of it, in fact for a little bit, just don't think about youtube, refuel, get out into the real world, have some good experiences. Once you have removed yourself from the youtube situation, it's time to remember the vastness and limitlessness of youtube. You aren't boxed in to doing ANYTHING, the possibilities are ENDLESS. What can you offer? How can you do something that's going to stay exciting?

If I could only play music or only vlog or only do comedy, I would be much more likely to find myself in a similar place as you. But I'll find myself sick of lip syncing to my music, but then I can be excited about a new comedy sketch, if I'm tired of making comedy, I make a song, tired of that? I can just share feelings on the camera, the versatility of this, keeps me interested in my channel. Once I'm burnt out on vlogging, there's music to make and so on.

This is why I'd really look at yourself and say "was I utilizing all my efforts? Was I tapping into my deepest creativity? Or was I just kind of uploading what I saw other channels doing and trying to mimic what I thought would get views..." When you come up with an idea that you really don't see anyone else doing, and you get a good response? You won't be bored with your channel, but it may take more effort than you've been willing to put out up until this point.

Whew... Does this symph dude ever shut up?

Yeah don't do what this Symph guy does, whatever you do. :p

Back