Questions on monitization

Aaron Stewart

Hello I've wanted to monetize my account so I can get the thumbnail feature so my videos will look a little more presentable but I always hear about the trap for gaming channels and I don't want to fall for it but what if i monetize a video then undo it? Will i still get the features and will I still be eligible for a partnership with a network? Please Help

There are certain guidelines you have to follow in order to monetize game montages. The only one I know of is that if you upload a trailer, you have to commentate throughout the entire thing. Others I'm sure you can find around these forms, there are TONS of other gaming channels on this forum.

You can monetize your videos, get the features then un monitize it and still get those features. All I did was monetize all my videos and got those bonuses like custom thumbnails, and I could un monetize and such while still keeping the bonuses. Good luck on your channel! :)

The trap for gaming channels mainly applies to those who upload videos commercially and gain profit from it, even though they own no rights. If you are not partnered, just give due credit to rightful owners. I'm sure you could get the monetization feature but just don't enable it on the videos you do not own any rights to. And NEVER apply partnership with YouTube - that is when they go through your videos and look for copyright infringements... and if they find one... they could terminate your account or give you strikes. Go for the gaming networks like TGN, Vultra,

EDIT: Best thing to do is to just commentate throughout the game. It gives you some rights to have ownership over the video/audio. If you decide to upload just the trailer or a cinematic clip (sometimes even regular gameplay without commentary counts), it's wise to ask for permission from the developers first.

The trap for gaming channels mainly applies to those who upload videos commercially and gain profit from it, even though they own no rights. If you are not partnered, just give due credit to rightful owners. I'm sure you could get the monetization feature but just don't enable it on the videos you do not own any rights to. And NEVER apply partnership with YouTube - that is when they go through your videos and look for copyright infringements... and if they find one... they could terminate your account or give you strikes. Go for the gaming networks like TGN, Vultra,

EDIT: Best thing to do is to just commentate throughout the game. It gives you some rights to have ownership over the video/audio. If you decide to upload just the trailer or a cinematic clip (sometimes even regular gameplay without commentary counts), it's wise to ask for permission from the developers first.
That last part always confuses me. What do you mean, like... 'Hey Capcom, I would like to review your latest Street Fighter game. Can I?"

Awesome Thanks but what happens if I apply for a network, will they reject my application cause i had monetize enabled even though none are actually for it?

That last part always confuses me. What do you mean, like... 'Hey Capcom, I would like to review your latest Street Fighter game. Can I?"

If you're doing reviews then it should be fine, since you're voicing over it (I'm assuming). But if you're just going to upload say... a Halo 4 cinematic scene (without commentary)... it's best to ask the developers. Send them an email similar to what you just wrote, but maybe a little more formal if you want to get accepted. :tongue: It's not to say if you upload a trailer you'll get caught immediately and get a strike. It also depends on the developers - whether they approve of the video being up there on YT.

Either way, it's actually kind of rare that any developer would even care if you have a video of their game uploaded. They want their game to gain more exposure anyway. So you shouldn't worry too much.

Awesome Thanks but what happens if I apply for a network, will they reject my application cause i had monetize enabled even though none are actually for it?

Lol nope.

so just to be clear I can enable it but a long as i don't monetize any of my gameplay videos I should be fine to apply for a network when i get more well known?

so just to be clear I can enable it but a long as i don't monetize any of my gameplay videos I should be fine to apply for a network when i get more well known?

Actually, I just went over your channel. Go ahead and monetize if you want to - you should be fine against any copyright claims I believe.

Back