Questions About Vlogging :)

There are a decent amount of vloggers who are 15 and are liked. You're probably too young to remember TheMagicalSeaofNick back in 2009. He vlogged about essentially nothing and people liked him just fine. He used the iSight on his 2008 Macbook for a camera, so fantastic equipment isn't necessary.

Haha I've had a YouTube channel since 2007 but never heard of him lol. Thanks everyone for the advice! I am now at 550 subscribers in 16 days, and its going great!

Haha I've had a YouTube channel since 2007 but never heard of him lol. Thanks everyone for the advice! I am now at 550 subscribers in 16 days, and its going great!

Hi Im a 15 year old vlogger and I'd just like to know how you did that? Like did you promote yourself or something, or like what type of videos did you do? I've had two main youtube channels including the one I have now and my older one took me just over a year to reach 250 subs and I posted regular videos on it and on my channel now I've only just reached 58 and I've been doing videos on this since like 5 months ago. I'd just like to know what you're doing because it seems to be working for you and people everywhere seem to be moving at a much faster pace than I am when it comes to growing their channel.

Some Background Information First:

-I made my channel 8 days ago (August 12th) and it is ... I guess a vlogging channel. Doing something very few people if nobody has tried before.

-In those 8 days I have uploaded 2 videos and gotten up to 450+ real, 100% active and supportive subscribers

-I'm only 15.

I am not self promoting (not going to mention my channel) and if it seems like I'm trying to brag, I am not. I just want yo provide you with details

Okay so for my questions.

1. How can I become less awkward? As I am 15, I still live with my parents and they are home very often, which makes me have to stay quiet (they don't know about this channel). While having my parents home makes videos awkwarder, even when I'm alone I am still awkward because... I guess I'm not used to it. But do you ha e any tips on being more comfortable and less awkward? Or does it just come with lots of experience? Like I said, I've only uploaded 2 videos so kind of nooby at this vlogging thing.

2. How do you deal with haters? I'm actually quite surprised at how little there are but even when there is just one hater it can ruin your mood. Seeing as how I'm 15, I expected everyone to be like "STFU YOU GAY *** L0LOl!1!!!1" because that's just how YouTube is. But most people have been supportive. Like my like to dislike ratios are quite impressive (104 to 6 on one and 112 to 11 on another) but that 6 and 11 dislikes still hurts, and the comments that come with them do too. So how do you make yourself immune to the haters and trolls?

3. Lastly, this doesn't really relate to me, but how did the earlier vloggers get popular in the first place? I mean, most of the time your title reflects what you did in the blog right? Nobody is really searching for those titles, so how exactly did they gain exposure, and how can us newer vloggers gain exposure with titles like that? The niche is so over saturated it is impossible to be discovered nowadays.

Thank you if you read all of it! You deserve a cookie if you did. Also sorry for any spelling mistakes I typed this all on my phone and we all know autocorrect

Congrats on being 15 and venturing out, but as a parent you should let yours know or ask if it's ok to do. Now on to your questions:
1. You become less awkward word by practicing. In your free time or where you can start speaking or doing your presentation where you are. I use to do my presentations when I was walking somewhere, in the shower, driving somewhere. People may have thought I was nuts..lol Also see yourself doing your vloggin in your head. Visualize yourself in front of the camera when you can. Not in school day dreaming. Keep the grades up(parent in me sorry).

2) Haters only come out when you doing something they are scared to do. Know you are better then them. Monitor your channel and when garbage comes in delete it off. Set your channel to approve all comments. So ignore the enemy and he eventually flees. Pay him attention and he stays for the attention.

3) You get popular by providing value to people. Go on forums answer people questions if you can help. It may be a lot of people promoting or vlogging about the same thing but people on follow people they connect with. So if 50 people saying the same thing, only 1 or 2 may appeal to you and that's who you go with. Look at all the different cars in the world. But all make good on sales. I hope I helped you and congrats on creating a voice for yourself.

Back