Question

ZZxZZ

I'm in a network, and would I get kicked out of my network if I uploaded a video that got a content id claim, and didn't monetize it? I am uploading a Nintendo game, which I heard you can't monetize :D

Monetizing videos is not related to ContentID claims. You will get a claim if your content is matched by source material inside ContentID regardless of whether you monetize. That said, a ContentID match is not an indication that you have done anything wrong, it is merely an acknowledgement that someone else owns that material. Networks also do not see content matches. The issue you need to be careful of is that a content match is an open flag to the owner of the content and they can issue a DMCA takedown which essentially is a copyright strike. If that happens, then yes you'll likely be dumped by your network.

In the case of Nintendo, they have stated they are fine with people uploading videos but they will be taking your monetization revenue whether you want ads or not. So you'll be fine on the network side.

Monetizing videos is not related to ContentID claims. You will get a claim if your content is matched by source material inside ContentID regardless of whether you monetize. That said, a ContentID match is not an indication that you have done anything wrong, it is merely an acknowledgement that someone else owns that material. Networks also do not see content matches. The issue you need to be careful of is that a content match is an open flag to the owner of the content and they can issue a DMCA takedown which essentially is a copyright strike. If that happens, then yes you'll likely be dumped by your network.

In the case of Nintendo, they have stated they are fine with people uploading videos but they will be taking your monetization revenue whether you want ads or not. So you'll be fine on the network side.
Thanks!

Back