Question on release date

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Hi everyone,

I know the question "When is the best day to release" has already been answered before.

My question is more - what is the meaning of this situation....

I release my videos on Monday nights. Most of my views (I can see a clear pattern) come on Wednesday nights.

Should I change my release day to Wednesday?
or is there any other reason why Wednesday ( 2days after I release a video) is the day I'm getting all my views?

It shows very clearly that your target audience is active on Wednesday. I would recommend uploading on Wednesday between 2 and 4 pm, so your video is in their inbox when they come online. Also, uploading on Monday night isn't the best timing. Just do a quick Google on 'when is the best time to upload a youtube video' and you'll find some good info :)

There is no "best time to upload," there is only YOUR best time to upload. It's all dependent on your audience and what works for one channel may or may not work for another. Ideally, when you have enough videos uploaded at different days and times you'll have a data set that will tell you exactly what day and time is best. But without that data, you can only go by what time your audience is currently active. If that's Wednesday evening, upload on Wednesday afternoon.

The first 48 hours of a video's life is absolutely the most important and will determine how YouTube will promote it going forward. If a video gets lots of likes, views and engagements in the first 48 hours YouTube will then promote it more heavily. If you are uploading on Monday and don't get much traction on it until Wednesday, you're wasting those first 48 hours.

There is no "best time to upload," there is only YOUR best time to upload. It's all dependent on your audience and what works for one channel may or may not work for another. Ideally, when you have enough videos uploaded at different days and times you'll have a data set that will tell you exactly what day and time is best. But without that data, you can only go by what time your audience is currently active. If that's Wednesday evening, upload on Wednesday afternoon.

The first 48 hours of a video's life is absolutely the most important and will determine how YouTube will promote it going forward. If a video gets lots of likes, views and engagements in the first 48 hours YouTube will then promote it more heavily. If you are uploading on Monday and don't get much traction on it until Wednesday, you're wasting those first 48 hours.

Thanks for your help! Really appreciate it!
I wasn't sure if I was getting high views on Wednesday, because I was uploading on Monday. I had this weird mindset that my subscribers were waiting two days to watch it.

You need to look from what countries your views coming from and adjust timing accordingly . View pattern could also change dramatically in a month or two. I use to publish my videos at 6PM and now my best time 2AM. It all depends where and when YouTube recommends your videos and where and when free slots is available for placement.

I think it takes 1-2 days for the system to pick a video up. It's happened to me over and over that the first day or two is all subscribers then it takes off and gets suggested. Maybe Monday is best

Back