[Question/Help] How old is too old to start a youtube channel?

I am looking for an old Grandma to make a pranking channel! That would be awesome.

I don't think age matters!

Also you are making the 20s seem so old right now (dont hurt my feelings)

I think this notion in society that someone is "too old" or "too young" to do something or act a certain way is quite sad. You have a short life on this earth, do what you enjoy while you're here :)

I think most of the big youtubers are quite "old" actually. Even on the gaming channels, a lot of them look like they are in their mid to late 20's or even early 30's.

I don't think you're ever too old to start a Youtube channel! If that's what you want to do, go for it!

Tr
Which is another worry there is not too much of an audience as when people get older they start to work and spend less time on youtube and maybe not even game at all which would put me at a disadvantage I think. I believe why younger youtubers do so well as they appeal to people who can watch content all day long being (kids) who dont have to worry about jobs and stuff. Kids bring in lot views to channels due to how much content they can watch.
True, but remember at ur age you will prob bring a more mature audience. It also depends on what type of content you make i guess

You can always change your target audience. If you want to appeal to the teenage crowd, gear your content towards it. You may have to research current trends as you might have been disconnected from the teenage reality for too long. I'm a late bloomer when it comes to a lot of things and I have regrets not starting my channel sooner but, 20 is good age, trust me.

Before the information age, record companies would encourage musicians to age themselves down to appeal to teenagers, even if the group was in their late 20's.

Once you enter your 20's social age gaps tend to get a lot wider. I'm in my mid 20's myself. Some of my friends I connect with are almost 10 years older than me but, I can still connect with college freshman as if I was 19. No one really sees anyone as being out of place.

Back