Question About Making Alternate Channels

BamaGuyRTR

YTtalk Mad
So a while back YouTube made it so you could make multiple channels under one google account. So if you make another channel under the same email address, how do you distinguish between your main channel and this other unrelated channel from a social media/business standpoint?

Example: My main channel is BamaGuyRTR. My Twitter and Instagram are also BamaGuyRTR and all are under the same gmail address that I've had since the beginning of gmail.

Now say I want to make another channel also under this same email. Would you also create another Twitter/Instagram or what ever else you use for this other channel? Would you also make a separate email just so you wouldn't get the channels confused? Or would you just use the social media accounts/emails you have already to promote this new channel?

Just wondering what everyone else has done.

Why make different channels? I mean, seperating channels would (in my opinion) kill potential views. For example, Pewdiepie has success without having separate channels. I don't know, but in my opinion do everything on one channel. I sometimes see people having a main channel and a second channel, whereas the content on the second channel could easily be uploaded on the main. I don't watch second channels in fact. I wouldn't even bother with viewing second channels. However, I would watch videos of a creator that I like if it's uploaded on the main channel. This is key.

I don't have a 100% clear idea of what your second channel is about, but if it's revolving around YOU then don't make a second channel. But for example if your second channel is a complete different channel that revolves around something else or another brand, then yeah make it.

I have a personal account and a professional account on the same email. You can also import "brand accounts" if you manage another's channel.

I agree with Malousak though, unless you have a good reason to have two channels (that you're trying to grow), I would keep it on one channel.

If you are willing to share your plan, you may be able to get more specific advice.

Why make different channels? I mean, seperating channels would (in my opinion) kill potential views. For example, Pewdiepie has success without having separate channels. I don't know, but in my opinion do everything on one channel. I sometimes see people having a main channel and a second channel, whereas the content on the second channel could easily be uploaded on the main. I don't watch second channels in fact. I wouldn't even bother with viewing second channels. However, I would watch videos of a creator that I like if it's uploaded on the main channel. This is key.

I don't have a 100% clear idea of what your second channel is about, but if it's revolving around YOU then don't make a second channel. But for example if your second channel is a complete different channel that revolves around something else or another brand, then yeah make it.

I don't have a second channel yet. This is all hypothetical. I'm just wondering how people handle the social media/business part of it. Promoting the channel and everything.

I don't have a second channel yet. This is all hypothetical. I'm just wondering how people handle the social media/business part of it. Promoting the channel and everything.

Usually they mention it in their videos on the main channel. Best ones are videos titled something related to Second Channel, so even if people aren't clicking on your video they will know that you have a second channel. Using social media is also key factor (twitter etc). Leaving the second channel's link in every video's description. What some people do is they add videos or playlists of their second channel in the main channel as cards or outro. In fact, I have seen the success of large channels who share the playlist of the second channel on their featured main channel home. I hope this helps. Good luck though!

Back