Question about Copyright Strikes (6 month deletion)

nathan

Hi,
I have two strikes and one should disappear from my channel in feb.
If I get a third after this one is deleted will it count still on as three or will it count as two as one is wiped away?
I can't find the answer to this.

first off...why would you be getting a third one? just only upload content you own or have the rights to please.

I have uploaded my own content but record compaines claimed rights and the forum staff at youtube said it was illegal for them to claim rights on simple lists and quotes but that I would have to get a lawyer which as a quiet bloke didn't want it all.
But they yt staff said my videos were fine and it was wrong but that they can't help once I have accepted and when you get one you can't log in till you accept. You have no option but to acknoledge the text or you cannot do anything on youtube. Honestly yt staff on the forum all agreed that there was no copyright but I can't fight big record compaines

I guess you should just make another channel. Is it guaranteed that it will be removed on Feb?

first off...why would you be getting a third one? just only upload content you own or have the rights to please.

Just wanted to pop in, and say that there's a lot of ways to get strikes on YouTube, not just uploading copyrighted content.
I have a strike for a thumbnail, for instance, that someone apparently found offensive (I guess?).
Copyright strikes are just a small bit, of all the things you can get a strike for.

Just wanted to pop in, and say that there's a lot of ways to get strikes on YouTube, not just uploading copyrighted content.
I have a strike for a thumbnail, for instance, that someone apparently found offensive (I guess?).
Copyright strikes are just a small bit, of all the things you can get a strike for.
sounds silly and easily fixed.

sounds silly and easily fixed.

Strikes can't be "fixed". If you have a copyright strike, it's because you failed to show you had copyright rights to whatever you used. Once you get the strike, it's there. Same with a thumbnail. You don't really get to do anything about it, you just get a message that you got a strike for it, and that it has been removed.

If you could just change the thumbnail and be done with it, no one would ever get a strike for that :-/

thanks for that advice. i done some more research and found on yt product forum that is you get another on top of the first then the six month rule doesn't always work depends on their discretion.

Back