Quality severely drops after upload to youtube

I'm using an elgato to record game footage. the quality of the raw footage is excellent.(raw as in the encoded h.264 file that elgato does automatically)

i use sony vegas to edit the video as elgato footage needs a bit of color correction.

i render it again using sony vegas, i try to preserve as much as possible by rendering the video to as similar properties as it was recorded.

high profile, cabec, 2 reference frames, 720p60, mp4 container, variable 25-15 mbps.

i used media info to check what elgato spits its files at so that i can match them in vegas.

rendered video comes out great.

as soon as i upload to youtube, it turns to utter garbage. though by comparison to others my quality is fine.... but by comparison to the original its just totally awful...

its not even a slight quality loss, its a huge one...

and when i compare my video to a few others on youtube...

aka watch?v=wprJRFIC4LU vs watch?v=iH80YSnOe8I(mine)

the first video has the same quality as my videos before they were uploaded to youtube...

how does he achieve this?

I use the Elegato to record my PS3 (and tested well on the PS2), everything is/has been perfectly fine for me, can't think of reason why it would do that, sounds like a YouTube thing... maybe =/

I use the Elegato to record my PS3 (and tested well on the PS2), everything is/has been perfectly fine for me, can't think of reason why it would do that, sounds like a YouTube thing... maybe =/

Do you use Sony Vegas to render? Maybe it's something to do with that. I don't use it, and I have crisp 720 video and it isn't a huge file either (about 90mb per minute of video)

Do you disable resample when rendering? If not, the quality can be terrible once uploaded.

hmm, so ya i looked at your videos, then i looked at my videos, then i looked at your videos again..... i just walked away and took a nap.... too me, there is a clear difference between the way ur videos look and mine... care to explain to me your workflow? you know, from start to finish, how u recorded/rendered/uploaded and settings n junk.... that info would be greatly appreciated.

The best quality to upload to youtube i found through a couple of months of anger and testing is to make sure the video is in 720p the best for youtube videos and use youtube editors tools to enhance the video a little bit if you think it really needs improvement. I convert my high quality videos to that format using a converter:)

what do you mean? I just went to your video and set it on 720p HD. The quality is great. I don't understand :confused:

what do you mean? I just went to your video and set it on 720p HD. The quality is great. I don't understand :confused:

did u see the other link that i put right next to it? i want my videos to look like that one. there's this just this "noise" going on in my videos. like a static, fuzzyness the edges are not smooth kinda foggy... its just not a crisp image... especially when i compared it to the other guys.... u can notice a lot of distortion around the letters in the video, that seems to be whats affecting the video as a whole.

my equipment appears to be able to replicate that person quality post render.... but once its on youtube it gets all disturbed... though his videos seem flawless

Back