Promoting on FB, Google+, and LinkedIn, but not on Twitter and Instagram?

Broccoli Shmoccoli

Liking YTtalk
In doing research about promoting videos, I came across a post in which the author writes that you should share them on relevant groups and communities on Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn, - and I thought why on Google+ and LinkedIn?... why there and why not on Twitter and Instagram apart from Facebook..?

Does any of you guys get any results from promoting on Google+ and LinkedIn?

Google+ has forums where you can share your videos to your own niche but from my experience, I don't think its worth it & regarding LinkedIn I have been in touch with a lot of big youtubers about how to grow a channel and non of them has used LinkedIn or pinterest or tumblr for that case.

So in my opinion google+ & linkedin I wont recommend using.

Google+ has forums where you can share your videos to your own niche but from my experience, I don't think its worth it & regarding LinkedIn I have been in touch with a lot of big youtubers about how to grow a channel and non of them has used LinkedIn or pinterest or tumblr for that case.

So in my opinion google+ & linkedin I wont recommend using.

Thank you for your insight! That's what I thought... The article where I read that smelled just a little bit like the author was approaching the topic strictly from a perspective of a marketing blogger with a very specialized brand promoting the products to people within that narrow niche AND YET entitled the article - "How to promote your YouTube channel"... I hoped it's not another one of those, but I guess it was.:)

This is the first time I've heard someone suggesting Google+ and LinkedIn to be a better promotion platform than Twitter. Or even LinkedIn as a promotion platform at all, actually. That sounds so strange.. I just can't think of any way that makes it worthwhile to invest your time in it over literally on every other platform.

Personally speaking, I think Twitter is always miles above everything. Facebook is great too. I don't really consider Tumblr to be a promotion platform at all. It is pretty useful for certain type of creators to extend their influence and reinforce their brand though. The website has a very specific audience demographic, so only certain type of creators will benefit from having a presence there.

This is the first time I've heard someone suggesting Google+ and LinkedIn to be a better promotion platform than Twitter. Or even LinkedIn as a promotion platform at all, actually. That sounds so strange.. I just can't think of any way that makes it worthwhile to invest your time in it over literally on every other platform.

Personally speaking, I think Twitter is always miles above everything. Facebook is great too. I don't really consider Tumblr to be a promotion platform at all. It is pretty useful for certain type of creators to extend their influence and reinforce their brand though. The website has a very specific audience demographic, so only certain type of creators will benefit from having a presence there.

Thank you Kevster! This is helpful!

For me, facebook works best as many of my followers go & check out my new videos when I post them.

This is the first time I've heard someone suggesting Google+ and LinkedIn to be a better promotion platform than Twitter.
It depends what your channel is all about. Mine is a business channel so Linked'In is by far my best platform for promoting my YouTube channel. Each video gets thousands of views in the feed on Linked'In and I know that the people watching are potential clients or can bring me business.

If you have a gaming channel or a kids channel it's hard to see how Linked'In could be of help.

And Google+ is practically dead as far as I can see.

It depends what your channel is all about. Mine is a business channel so Linked'In is by far my best platform for promoting my YouTube channel. Each video gets thousands of views in the feed on Linked'In and I know that the people watching are potential clients or can bring me business.

If you have a gaming channel or a kids channel it's hard to see how Linked'In could be of help.

And Google+ is practically dead as far as I can see.

I agree! I'm in gaming, so turning LinkedIn into a platform for any kind of promotion just seemed ridiculous and flat out impossible to me. It really does depend on what kind of content you're promoting.

Back