Promoting channel trailer to grow?

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Sub4Sub and "paid views" are generally considered to be the kiss of death for most youtube channels. So how does this strategy sound instead?

Make a video that has all your funniest moments from your channel up to that point in one compilation, assign that compilation video as your channel trailer and then (and this next part is very important) pay youtube on a per-click basis to promote the video for you. People see your funniest and/or most compelling moments, and that will entice them to subscribe for more hilarious moments like those.

You can start with about $50 and then pay more as you get ad revenue from your channel.

Is that a good idea?

First, you should establish a good subscriber base number, then I wouldn't really pay for promotion, just share it with friends and post it in discord servers that allow it, or pay for a membership on here and post your videos on yttalk. If it isn't getting the exposure you want, I would pry start with 10 bucks and keep doing that everyday for a couple days.

It sounds like a bad idea! Because.. if the cost of advertising is more than the profit from your channel /product/service then you obviously fail. Also other channels would do this if it was a good plan. It might be better idea to check out some of the most established channel in your niche as see what they do! Rather than try to learn everything the longest way sometimes its better to just benefit from others knowledge and success. In my niche I noticed most channel either don't use a trailer or simply put their latest video upload in there.

Sounds ok but the length could kill your idea. And Yeah I was buggin people probably did that way before me lol

Last edited:
First, you should establish a good subscriber base number, then I wouldn't really pay for promotion, just share it with friends and post it in discord servers that allow it, or pay for a membership on here and post your videos on yttalk. If it isn't getting the exposure you want, I would pry start with 10 bucks and keep doing that everyday for a couple days.
I'm thinking about using the trailer to get more subscribers.

It sounds like a bad idea! Because.. if the cost of advertising is more than the profit from your channel /product/service then you obviously fail. Also other channels would do this if it was a good plan. It might be better idea to check out some of the most established channel in your niche as see what they do! Rather than try to learn everything the longest way sometimes its better to just benefit from others knowledge and success. In my niche I noticed most channel either don't use a trailer or simply put their latest video upload in there.
But what if I'm not trying to turn a profit per se, but instead just trying to grow the channel so that the channel can eventually become profitable?

Sounds ok but the length could kill your idea. And Yeah I was buggin people probably did that way before me lol
What length?

But what if I'm not trying to turn a profit per se
guess it is called a possible future investment on your channel.
It is your money and your channel. So this is your decision.
And your research (that you have to do) on how those money will be spend.
I have seen many people in local trends going (little) bigger with this strategy.
But I think that it will not really blow your channel TBH...
(EDIT not "your" channel but "any channel" in general as a tactic)
:)

Last edited:
No data available @Acerthorn , that is why I wrote "I think", it is a personal estimation as a generic viewer.

That does not mean that I do not want you to succeed! I wish you all the best :)

Seeing the words "ad revenue" already made realize this was a bad idea. I don't believe this is the right step in promoting your channel. In theory yes its cool that people see your funniest and best highlights, but what happens when they see that, expect that, click your channel, and its nothing like what they see. Not only do they feel like their wasting their time but you also wasted your money for people to get a quick laugh and for them to move onto the next thing.

Establish yourself as a content creator, what you and your channel is about.

Back