'Promote' a video on YouTube

Well the way its setup is you control everything. You control wether you want in stream ads where your vid plays before or after a video with the skip button or if you want that box that pops up at the bottom. You can have it in a search tab at the top or in a related search. Or all of the above.

You can have it exclusively on youtube or on Googles network sites or both.

You target the audience you want young, older, male or female, all. Then you choose who you want your video to be searchable with. As in interests, for instance if you were doing a alcohol drinking contest or drinking game you would want to target people nightlife clubs social groups and a older and early 20s crowd of men and women. You dont want to put cartoons as a interest or any younger or to much older (17 and uounger or 45 and up )because they dont drink as much so you wont get the maximum amount of views.

Where the tags come in is in each group and interest you target, you want to have tags that specific enough that its what people are searching for. If you dont have tags the ad would be to far spread out and wont yield a good return. Plus you are trying to grow a audience so you want to tatget people who would enjoy the vid and most likely sunscribe. Good yags ensure that its getting to the right people.

Youtube tags system is diffrent because you could have the exact same tags in a youtube vid and in a adwords vid and the adwords will do better, because youtube search ability is based on how popular a vid is and its watch time. While an adwords vid on the other hand skips that and gets it directly to the people because you are basically paying to be able to take precise action on your analytics.

They guarantee impressions but not views someoneay not want to see it because they arnt interested.

I actually used 30 dollars on one and they sent a email later stating the because I spent my first 25 they gave me a promotional 100 dollars towards any campaign. They do have promo codes that you can use of you are a new account. Before making a account google promo codes for adsense and check it out. Hope this helped if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.
Wow thanks for the great answer! I think I may do this very soon. With the bonus 100 dollars, it seems very worth it to me. I am going to change some of my thumbnails around on the video I want to test this with then give it a go. Thanks again! With the $125 voucher, you can get your money back completely with a $4 CPM based on their "average clicks". :)

Wow thanks for the great answer! I think I may do this very soon. With the bonus 100 dollars, it seems very worth it to me. I am going to change some of my thumbnails around on the video I want to test this with then give it a go. Thanks again! With the $125 voucher, you can get your money back completely with a $4 CPM based on their "average clicks". :)

Your welcome! :D. What do you mean about the 125 voucher and the cpm stuff. I dont think you can monetize the vid and advertise at the same time. But I never tried it also.

I saw somewhere you could monetize. I mean the $100 they give you for spending 25. :)

Oh I should look into that. I think you dont get paid if domeone sees the commercial since you get paid for rinning commercials on your vid but maybe you could still monetize if someone went directly to your channel and viewed it that way.

Oh I should look into that. I think you dont get paid if domeone sees the commercial since you get paid for rinning commercials on your vid but maybe you could still monetize if someone went directly to your channel and viewed it that way.
yea i'm not really to sure. You can never believe what you read online. I probably would avoid risking it and wait to monetize until the campaign is over. You could easily still make your money back in the long run.

yea i'm not really to sure. You can never believe what you read online. I probably would avoid risking it and wait to monetize until the campaign is over. You could easily still make your money back in the long run.

True a good campaign can get the ball rolling for your vid to take off.[DOUBLEPOST=1375687636,1375682066][/DOUBLEPOST]By the way what part of texas are you from Conner I'm from Houston.

Back