Position of the facecam, what is the best place?

Incia

I Love YTtalk
I usually hate myself seeing big youtubers have they face covering a big important part of the in-game HUD, so I myself usually position my facecam "weirdly" to avoid being over HUD.

Usually I try to put it like under a healthbar in-game or something similar. However, I recently got negative feedback for "putting my facecam in really weird places and it looks odd"... :/

So is putting my facecam in the corner the most ideal placement, even when blocking say healthbars and exp bars? (I personally hate that myself)

I have seen them in many places.. just don't put it in the middle of the screen.... How many people complained?
I say put it where you want it to be.

I hate that as well. Haven't you asked all your other subscribers on their feedback on it? Because for me, as long as the important stuff of the game can be seen, I don't give a crap where the facecam is put.

Might I suggest putting a sidebar overlay though on your videos? So that NO HUD can be blocked and your face cam stays on non-weird corners.

Usually the top right corner, allot of games don't have anything there, unless you're in a menu, in that case you might have to fade it.

I change my vote make the whole screen your face and have the game in a little box in the lower right hand corner.

I don't see a problem with having your facecam in a weird place, I mean wouldn't someone want to see the HUD thats being blocked? I saw a Don't Starve let's play where the entire Day/night cycle was covered up by a facecam, ignore the criticism, It honestly makes more sense to put it where it's not blocking any HUD.

I personally always put it on the left side of the game and I try to avoid covering up things o.o example on my zelda videos I try to put in the middle of the hearts and the map so my viewers know where am I and can see how much health I have. But it depends on you, you're the editor and the owners. A lot of viewers will never be satisfy by a lot of things.

Thanks for all the feedback! I like to watch my own videos myself so I tend to put the facecam so it doesn't cover HUD too much, but for some games with just ultra-much HUD everywhere I just try to put it over some unimportant HUD. :)

Back