Popular channels saturating search results, how can I compete?

Thank you Boris you were quite helpful! I actually stopped focusing on building my daughter's channel and decided to keep just one channel for now which has her vlogs posted on it. My channel already has almost 200 subscribers while hers I was starting from scratch and thought it would be way too much work trying to grow both at the same time so lets see if our combined channel takes off I may one day branch off and continue trying to build hers.

So I'm not sure if any of you could answer this question. Since I posted this initial thread I decided to try Adwords Video to try and get some action on my channel. In 4 days I went from 129 subs to 193 and tons of clicks on the videos I advertised mostly. I didn't however, get much engagement on the videos such as likes or comments. I think I gained maybe about 6 likes overall on 4 different videos but sub count went up significantly. I've been trying to find out online if there could be bots or something like that contributing to my sub count but the only threads I can find are people complaining that after running adwords they haven't gotten any new subs, likes or comments only tons of views. My situation is opposite, I got a lot of subs but that's about it lol. Is there anything fishy about that or am I good?

I've been trying to find out online if there could be bots or something like that contributing to my sub count but the only threads I can find are people complaining that after running adwords they haven't gotten any new subs, likes or comments only tons of views. My situation is opposite, I got a lot of subs but that's about it lol. Is there anything fishy about that or am I good?

I thing you are good, the only negative thing I have heard about adwards is that, it might affect the way YouTube promotes your videos organically...because it sees you are already paying for views which is what they want and will not promote your videos organically so you keep paying for ads...I use SEO and for now it working for me.

it might affect the way YouTube promotes your videos organically...because it sees you are already paying for views which is what they want and will not promote your videos organically so you keep paying for ads

This.
Never use adwords, as much as you may think it is going to help you out it isnt worth it in the long run, you need to learn SEO you need to gain traction. You cant buy your way to the top. I am sorry but you need to study this stuff; creative work doesnt come free, it take hard graft. Blood, sweat and tears. Try harder, do better and always inspire yourself.

Learning SEO meaning how to find the best keywords to optimize my videos? How do you do that? I use TubeBuddy to help me choose the correct keywords etc but I'm still fairly new to it. Any advice you guys can give me on how to optimize would be great or any tips on TubeBuddy

Hi everyone, I've been trying to find an answer to this question for such a long time but keep turning up empty. I finally found this site today and hoping someone can help me! I have an existing channel and also created a new one for my 6 year old daughter to vlog. How can I get our videos to show up in search results to gain views when the other highly viewed videos are already taking up majority of the query results? I don't find facebook to be helping my daughter's channel as much since there aren't really any kids on there. The only way for her channel to gain views is to have kids watching her videos, but how do I promote to them? A few moms on my facebook did subscribe and share videos with their kids but that's just not enough.....HELP

Your qn is complicate and very involved. A proper answer would run several thousands words. Short answer: There is a way to do it. There are actually several ways to do it. It is methodical, and it works. We have discussed it on this forum several times. The methods work, I'm doing them. Several other channels have done it and are growing great. It takes time and commitment, perhaps a significant $ investment into Adwords (which depends on a variety of factors). Search through the forum posts, it's all there. Things you want to focus on are: gateways videos, optimizing adwords, levelled channel shadowing, identifying and targeting trends, breaking off a main trend into subtrends, juicy & meaty stuff like that.

One thing I can say, contrary to what most on this forum say, and that is applicable to the kids vertical - don't waste any time on any other platform apart from Yt, your audience is simply not there, don't bother reaching "moms" and "dads" either outside Yt, they won't convert in any meaningful numbers that matter.

Forget about search. 3-6 year olds don't search (your target audience for a 6 y.o. daughter). There are other ways to reach them. They run playlists and swipe every 30 seconds to the next video.

I recommends you run through lesson 2 and lesson 10 here:
creatoracademy.youtube.com/page/course/strategies

Then search for FamilyToyReview, Kids Corner, and my username here on lots of info about what you're asking. Also some posts from 1+ yr ago from other kids channels are very relevant as well.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Your qn is complicate and very involved. A proper answer would run several thousands words. Short answer: There is a way to do it. There are actually several ways to do it. It is methodical, and it works. We have discussed it on this forum several times. The methods work, I'm doing them. Several other channels have done it and are growing great. It takes time and commitment, perhaps a significant $ investment into Adwords (which depends on a variety of factors). Search through the forum posts, it's all there. Things you want to focus on are: gateways videos, optimizing adwords, levelled channel shadowing, identifying and targeting trends, breaking off a main trend into subtrends, juicy & meaty stuff like that.

One thing I can say, contrary to what most on this forum say, and that is applicable to the kids vertical - don't waste any time on any other platform apart from Yt, your audience is simply not there, don't bother reaching "moms" and "dads" either outside Yt, they won't convert in any meaningful numbers that matter.

Forget about search. 3-6 year olds don't search (your target audience for a 6 y.o. daughter). There are other ways to reach them. They run playlists and swipe every 30 seconds to the next video.

I recommends you run through lesson 2 and lesson 10 here:
creatoracademy.youtube.com/page/course/strategies

Then search for FamilyToyReview, Kids Corner, and my username here on lots of info about what you're asking. Also some posts from 1+ yr ago from other kids channels are very relevant as well.

Good luck!
Thank you so mixup this is exactly the kind of info I need! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1494388222,1494388187][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry autocorrect...thank u so much (not mixup)

New/Small/Medium channel - aim only for Long Tail Keywords in your title, description , tags and make sure you clearly say them in video.

Well there's no quick and easy way to go about it. With so many people looking for a bite of the same pie it takes a buttload of time of effort to gain traction.

As you've noticed, with other mega popular channels and videos in play it's hard to compete on their turf, so they'll eat up your search. You'll have better luck looking outside of YouTube, taking your content to those who might be interested, be it via forums, friends, gatherings etc... Try to think about how you would spread the word if internet didn't exist. You'd probably go around handing out flyers and stuff to any and all and hoping someone sticks, as well as trying to go to places where those that might be interested are likely to gather, and becoming a part of the community there. Then apply the same principles aided with the power of the internet.
best possible answer. for sure

Reactions: Dig
Back