[PLZ HELP] What to do when you are in a Slump on your channel?

Which plan should I follow?

• Total voters

MinecraftLegaxy

So in the last few months, I've taken a break from Youtube kinda. I uploaded every 2 weeks or so I wasn't completely gone. I recently made my return a few days ago and started uploading vids too see my videos are getting 1/4 - 1/6 of there normal views. I have 3600+ Subs and I use to get around 250-350 views. I now get 70-100 Views per video. I have also been losing subs everyday these last few weeks. Around 1-2 most days, but I lost 11 last night. Its possible that Youtube is just deleting some just cause their account no longer exists, but I think its cause people don't like what I post anymore which I totally understand.

Anyways, I am trying to figure out what my next plan of action should be. Here are a few things I thought of, but I really need suggestions and feedback:
1. Going from 1 upload every 2 weeks to 5 uploads in one week might have been caused the views to split. Instead, slowly start uploading more and more. Ex: 2 vids a week next 2 weeks and then move to 3 a week over next 2 weeks etc.

2. [Best IMO] Start uploading as much as I can while retaining the quality of my content. This way I have a higher chance of people finding my videos, which will start making my channel growing again. Cons would be that I would most likely get less views per video. (More overall since I have more videos out)

3. Your Suggestions

Last edited:
For starters, why are you hiding your subscriber count? It's like you're hiding something.

Yeah, definitely suggestion 2. Make high quality content, which is better than crappy content in quantity.

Keep making the highest-quality videos you can, on a schedule you can keep up with without burning out, and that doesn't overwhelm your viewers with tons and tons of updates. Remember, we all only have so many hours in the day to watch videos! And to make them, of course. :)

Good luck! Taking a break often messes with your view counts for a while, but I think with effort and time you can recover.

The people who unsubbed are probably not your target audience anyway if you want to eventually have a heftier schedule. I'd definitely go for quality as top priority though. And as long as you're enjoying what you're doing, you'll start to gain more genuine subs :)

I took a few months break as well.

When my computer broke, I kept making excuses. About how I can't upload because my computer is broken.

When I did come back, I realesed a big video. And I shared it with all my friends that's why I got like 100+ views when I came back.

Now I'm really working hard to be consistent.

Make lots while you feel you can, then release them slowly. Its hard sitting on a pile of videos but it's better than blowing them all in one go. Plus you will have the freedom to take a week or two off if you have videos queued up.

Back