PLS HELP :(

Should I go by

• Alejandra

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Allie

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Alejandra U.

Hey guys, I recently started my youtube channel and have been struggling with what to go by, my name is Alejandra with the nickname Allie. I was wondering what would be a better name for social media, should I go by Alejandra or should I go by Allie? What would be most effective? Memorable? Please help! :(

I moved this to the branding / channel design forum.

I think Allie is a little easier to remember how to spell and pronounce (the letter "j" is pronounced very differently in different languages), but I think either name works. I think what matters more is which name you prefer to be called. ^_^

I would go with Allie because it is more neutral. Alejandra is a nice name but it makes you sound ethnic which might be a turn off for some people. I like the name just saying I could see how it could hold you back in some ways. Allie sounds less formal and more fun IMO.

Personally I prefer Allie, but you could argue that Alejandra is more unique and would stand out more. Either name is good ... sorry for the confusion :)

Alejandra is a nice name, but we think Allie, because it sounds more fun, and easier for people to remember.

Hope we helped,
Julia and Claire

Allie is easier to remember and it would easier for your subscribers and followers could remember Allie. It's really up to you, you should go by whatever you want to go by on your social media accounts.

I think whatever name you feel most comfortable with, if Allie is a nickname, it might seem less formal and more friendly for your subscribers,
but if you prefer your full name, then go with that!
I think both sound great!

I would go with Allie because it is more neutral. Alejandra is a nice name but it makes you sound ethnic which might be a turn off for some people. I like the name just saying I could see how it could hold you back in some ways. Allie sounds less formal and more fun IMO.

well, imo, if someone is put off someones channel because their name sounds 'ethnic' I wouldn't want them to be on my channel in the first place, seems a little dodgy!

@Alejandra U. - I have merged both your threads to this one. Please don't make several threads about the same thing in different sections of the forum. Thank you.

Back