Please Show Me Your CREATIVE Videos

Wrath of Kahan

Hey guys, I've been crammed with finals but I started a game page recently and that I wanted it different from the norm. What I may say next may p**s off a lot of people, but for the people it doesn't I would love to see your work!

I was inspired to make gaming videos from VideogameDunkey. No offense to those who do, but I don't like watching streams, I don't enjoy watching peoples montages of funny scenarios or pro gamer moments, I don't care for seeing the persons face in the corner of the screen to see their lackluster reactions to moments while they game. That stuff seems minimal effort to me and doesn't hold my interest.

*Cue p****d off people*

What I love about Dunkey's work is that he splices together gaming clips to create an overlapping narrative with included sound effects or iconic music backdrops. I think he does this amazingly in his videos for Zelda: BotW, The Last Guardian, GTA4, Sims, Hitman, The Witcher 3, and his MGSV videos. While some of them may be compiled funny moments, they go back and relate to one another and maintain some general structure/foundation throughout. This is what inspired me to make gaming videos as well, while I am still not that good especially since my videos are created only using iMovie and One Drive, I try to exemplify those themes in gaming videos. If you check my videos for Deus Ex or My Date With Hitler, you will see somewhat of what I am talking about (I also have amazing videos for Dragon Age Inquisition, XCOM 2, and Spelunkey following same structure I just need to do the voice overs once I am done with finals).

If you create videos similar to these ideas, then PLEASE show me, I would love to see them, give feedback, follow, and everything. I have noticed my editing and clip splicing skills getting better after every video I release and can't wait to jump back into making more. I see plenty of videos of people using Fallout 4 mods to create funny conversations between characters or make up ridiculous scenes so its not just voice overs.

Again, I'M SORRY if I offended you, that's just my personal interests in the youtube gaming scene. So please show me your videos!
- No twitch/mixer streams (way too long, too much down time, lack of content)
- No compilation videos (the lack of structure can really take away from build ups and punch lines)
- No playthrough videos (If I get stuck in a game I'll watch the 2 minutes of the part I'm stuck at but that's about it)

Lots of love apart from that, looking forward to hearing from you guys and seeing some creative refreshing work!

Back