PLEASE HELP! Looking to become a youtube partner.

Jeffrey Nham

I'm a musician, and I've been a on youtube for a while now. I am currently a "partner," as I have monitized videos although I do not have a FULL partnership in the sense that I can't upload a banner etc. I actually applied for a fullscreen partnership network about a week ago, and I have yet to get a response which is strange considering I've heard that people get responses of either approval or rejection within days. I'm not sure if I should re-apply to fullscreen and hope for a response this time or if I should look into other networks.

At the moment I have 742 subscribers and 416 107 total video views on my main channel. Nearly 300 000 thousand video views on another older channel as well, but I haven't used that one since 2008 and I don't plan on using it ever again.

Let me know your thoughts on my situation and who/where I should look into getting a partnership with.

Here's the link to my main channel: youtube(dot)com/itsjnham

^Can't post the link because I am new on this site.

be patient... not everyone is replied to in a couple of days.. and we are just coming out of the holiday season.. it could take a few weeks...

I can tell you now, that unless whoever you applied to is half-asleep while looking at your channel.... lol

You`re gonna be rejected, your whole channel is just copyrighted music

I can tell you now, that unless whoever you applied to is half-asleep while looking at your channel.... lol

You`re gonna be rejected, your whole channel is just copyrighted music

LMAO, seems like you are very mad. Anyways yes, I do alot of covers, but I don't have any copyright strikes against my channel. There are tones of artists on youtube who do covers who are partners as well, so I don't see why I would can't be if they can.

AND me doing covers is pretty much the same as people doing video game commentaries yet there are tones of people who do that, like yourself.

You can't go off of who is doing covers and consider yourself safe. Reason why is... they may have the rights. ;) Several networks have gone out and gotten the "sync" licensing needed for certain partners to monetize covers of certain songs. (or they could even do it themselves in some cases) Fullscreen has a network called FAM that is specifically for this, but even then it may not cover the songs you're doing or the way you're doing them. (only example we watched seemed more like a voiceover with original audio fully intact)

With gaming you can add educational commentary and it technically falls under "fair use" or they could have a license/permission. The gaming industry (for the most part) looks at it as free promotion anyway. With covers there's not really anything educational about it, the promotional aspect is more questionable, and the music industry is much more strict about violating their rights.

For response time... allow 10 days max for application review then follow-up. ( @FullscreenHelp on twitter ) We're running at about 7 days ourselves, so it's possible they're still wading through applications from the holiday backlog.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Back