People in my videos wants them down.

Jenna no manga

YTtalk Mad
And they are lol
So I ran into something last year my sister did not wanted to appear in the videos.

It was weird cause she was already in my videos , so on the internet . I made sure to not film her but I quit youtube anyway a bit after that. So I deleted all the videos as I could not go through everything.

My dad and mom seem to say now we did not want to be on Youtube even though they both agreed to appear and had fun (travel videos in Japan) . Now I feel bad!

More explanation :

I am like if people give you permission to film them can they after ask to put the videos down?

Have you experienced the same thing?

( I am old not teen I am a mom in Japan)

So unless you have release form signed by them, they can legally force you to take out any portion with them in it. I think it's better that you just listen to them unless you can convince them to appear otherwise.

Ok they are family so I never thought of having them sign anything as they said they were ok with it.

I wanted to unprivate some of my favorite videos but I guess I am too lazy to go through all footage to know where they are.

I guess doll channels or one personne sitting in front of camera is the way to go for me if I have to start again.

I have been under the impression that videos of people in public/open spaces, where there is no expectation of privacy, are permitted (the person can't successfully fight you on it) even if the person doesn't want to be on.
Is this not the case?

Yes they can, that's why people make people who appear in their videos sign something. If you have know proof of them wanting to be in your video, they can sue you.

Thanks @Daisyah .. Do you (or does anyone) know of the process to fight/complain about this?
ie; is there some easy form they can fill out on YouTube or do they have to get a court-order and then somehow send it to Youtube or serve you with it?

I'm not sure. Honestly I don't think they'll go through with it. It takes a lot of work to sue someone and it's a long process. Trust me I know my mom had to sue someone.

It takes a lot of work to sue someone and it's a long process.
That's what I'm thinking.. people can whine and complain but they usually aren't willing to hire an attorney, go to court, etc, etc..
Hopefully someone can post the answer/process that someone would have to go through.

Back