Paying for YouTube ?

Weirdprodigy

I'm just wondering what you guys think about putting money into your channel in terms of promotion ? I don't mean buying subs but paying money for places to promote your video or channel. Have any of you guys used it

It works, IF you already have a decent amount of high quality and consistent content. Advertising an empty channel and asking people to subscribe is basically you saying "I'll pay you back next week". YouTube is all about trust. If you don't already have content to prove that you're worth subscribing to then don't bother at all.

It works, IF you already have a decent amount of high quality and consistent content. Advertising an empty channel and asking people to subscribe is basically you saying "I'll pay you back next week". YouTube is all about trust. If you don't already have content to prove that you're worth subscribing to then don't bother at all.
I like that analogy. However I find "decent, high quality, and consistent" pretty subjective. Something may be high quality to the creator but not good enough for the viewer.

I like your comment and find it valuable. It makes sense too. If you are paying for advertising, you should have a decent treasure trove of content available for the potential viewer. They'll subscribe to you so they remember to come back and consume more.

i've been considering this as a means of promotion. don't have much money to invest in this and not sure how far it will reach if i do. thanks for everyone's input

You gotta spend money to make money! I did an ad campaign and it worked alright, but honestly if you plan on promoting through youtube create an ad for your channel basically and just dont promote a random video like myself.

You gotta spend money to make money! I did an ad campaign and it worked alright, but honestly if you plan on promoting through youtube create an ad for your channel basically and just dont promote a random video like myself.

In many cases especially in business I would agree. But you don't need to spend money on Youtube if you have good content in demand, you innovate and know what you're doing. If you have the money, sure go experiment. I've put targeted ads on Youtube and it got maybe 6000-7000 views and a couple dozen subscribers. But that's a big lost in terms of return. And ever worst, it killed my rankings on the 3 videos I experimented on. On the other hand, I've earned hundreds for free just understanding how Youtube works and ranked videos that Youtube just promotes 24/7. So in Youtube's case, you don't need to spend money to make money.

My only advice on ads is to make sure you target your audience. Don't spend money advertising to men for example if you're running a beauty channel. And if possible, consider promoting a video that sells a product or service you offer, an affiliate link or whatever, this way you can profit from your ad spendings.

Back