Pausing A Video While Recording (Analyzing A Trailer) Hard To Explain.

gabrielkipp

This is quite difficult to explain, but I want to analyse another video/a trailer. I want to play the video, pause it several times, commentate and then continue ALL while recording. What software is needed? How is it done?

This is done many times, just type in trailer analysis on youtube and there will be many examples.

Sorry for the poor explanation. Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!

Screen recording if you want to do it live, record the screen and just talk and pause. Something like MSI Afterburner could do this easily. You'll need to record your audio on another program at the same time though.

Another way is to just download the video you want. Edit the video up to where the pause is, take a screenshot of the frame so it looks like it pauses, then carry on afterwards. You can then record your commentary afterwards and fit it around the video

The easiest way would be to bind pause to a keyboard key like space bar. Then while recording just tap the key to pause and unpause.

I don't think that recording commentary after would be the best because it would require far more video edits than just doing it on the fly.

Back