Partnership Tips #2 : Small / Sub-Sub Networks

unknown_userr433436365

Networks and GFX Expert :)
The second in my series of Threads.
Please note my opinions do not represent those of Vultra!

So a question that I get asked alot over Skype and I`ve seen posted here is How much can you trust Small Networks (sub-sub-networks) or in other words networks that are new and maybe havn`t had much exposure yet.

Well a good thing to do first is check if their Hub(s) is partnered,If so check who by using socialblade.com, for example if it says they`re partnered by Socialblade, then they don`t have access to a CMS or else they would have partnered themselves!

A second thing to do is check who is their CMS owner.
CMS is the system in which channel details are entered into in which to get partnered, access to one costs about 40k dollars so people create sub-networks which means they have access to one in return for a revenue split!

Here is the list and how I would rate their RPMs (revenue per 1000 views)
Maker Studios gives better than average
BBTV gives bad
Alloy,BigFrame and Bentpixels give the highest in the business.
Machinima gives bad
IricomUkraine gives teribble
QuizMediaGroup/QuizGroupAggregattor gives terrible
Fullscreen`s is better than average

Another thing that is a good thing to ask is how much tiers down are they, for example the reason TGN partners don`t get much revenue is they are far down a ladder :
Youtube>BBTV>Viso>Acifin>TGN.

Next ask the ages of the owners, there`s about 40 networks on YouTube being owned by teens still in school, what happens here is usually due to a number of reasons including exams and time consuming without much output, these generally have a life time of about 3 months even if they can gain access to a CMS in the first place. Theres a reason to avoid these networks, If something were to happen to your channel such as it being shut down these people cannot help you.

Next check if the CMS owner is any of the following :

BroadbandTV : Their RPMs are generally low plus their contracts are about 3 years.

Iricom(Ukraine) : Their payments are also quite low and networks under them tend to be atleast 3 tiers down. They have sub-networks who seem to be run by 13/18 year olds and have an average of 62 partners in each one ,which is quite low.

QuizMediaGroup : RPMs are really low and networks under them tend to be 4-7 tiers down a ladder, they own 113 networks each with an average of 19 partners each, they have alot of teens owning networks and they will offer no protection to those left stranded after a network is disowned, Contract lenghts are 4-6 years.
They got in legal trouble for having channels in their CMS who hadn`t signed a contract with them.

Sub-sub networks also tend to have no to little features of their CMS owners such as premium ads or livestreaming, exempt from this is Fullscreen,BigFrame,Maker and BentPixels.

Also these sub-sub networks who will likely be partnered by the 3 CMS owners are listed before are not required to give a dashboard to partners meaning you could be left not knowing if you are getting what you`re earning.

Alot of sub-sub networks I`ve come across have had really unprofessional staff with no training and no pay, this means they are often rude some networks that I`ve come across like this include Phazer, TGN and Acifin.

I hope you`ve learned its good to take a good look into or even think twice about joining a sub-sub(sub-sub-sub etc) network and if you did can you please leave this thread a like :p

Thanks for Reading,
Shane

Just for the people, never do a sub-network. If a sub-network wants you a bigger network wants to. Always go to the upper network, because they have more experiance and you know 100% sure who is responsible for your contract/video rights.

Just for the people, never do a sub-network. If a sub-network wants you a bigger network wants to. Always go to the upper network, because they have more experiance and you know 100% sure who is responsible for your contract/video rights.
I would always stick to tier 1 and 2 , I say 2 aswell because for example Vultra is tier 2 because Bent Pixels who are the tier 1 (CMS owner) don`t operate as a network and also tier 2 networks tend to be good, e.g. Yeousch (tier 2 of Fullscreen) or IGN (tier 2 of Alloy)

Sub-networks have their place. They are segmented for a reason... whether because they are focused on a particular niche, have a lowered requirement for entry, or other reasons. In fact, for some creators, it may be their only option to get the benefits of the parent network. The "bigger" networks can and do limit the partners they sign directly for various reasons. Usually, the contract is still with the parent network anyway and they provide support as well as the sub-network.

Sub-networks have their place. They are segmented for a reason... whether because they are focused on a particular niche, have a lowered requirement for entry, or other reasons. In fact, for some creators, it may be their only option to get the benefits of the parent network. The "bigger" networks can and do limit the partners they sign directly for various reasons. Usually, the contract is still with the parent network anyway and they provide support as well as the sub-network.
I`m not talking a bout sub-networks, I`m talking about sub-sub(sub-sub-sub etc) network and the ones that never go big (>50 smaller youtubers) and theones owned by teens.
I`m not talking about direct sub-networks like Creator-X,
I`m saying like if Fullscreen give you access to their CMS and then you gave access to someone under you and then they gave access to someone under them...

I`m not talking a bout sub-networks, I`m talking about sub-sub(sub-sub-sub etc) network and the ones that never go big (>50 smaller youtubers) and theones owned by teens.
I`m saying like if Fullscreen give you access to their CMS and then you gave access to someone under you and then they gave access to someone under them...
yea those networks are so bad...

Our post was in reply to JosTheReal's post... which is why we quoted it for context. ;) He was clearly referring to "2nd tier" which have legitimate reasons. We stayed out of the "sub-sub-network" conversation because we don't know enough about all of them to be making forum posts about it. It's very likely there are some good ones out there. Every creator should research their options carefully before signing with anyone, so that's something (network hierarchy and management) they would have to take into account when researching.

Our post was in reply to JosTheReal's post... which is why we quoted it for context. ;) He was clearly referring to "2nd tier" which have legitimate reasons. We stayed out of the "sub-sub-network" conversation because we don't know enough about all of them to be making forum posts about it. It's very likely there are some good ones out there. Every creator should research their options carefully before signing with anyone, so that's something (network hierarchy and management) they would have to take into account when researching.
There is some good ones but around 95% are bad

Back