Partnership Tips #1 : Net vs Gross Pay Splits + Fixed vs Unfixed CPM

unknown_userr433436365

Networks and GFX Expert :)
This is the first in a series of threads I`m making concerning partnerships :)

Unfixed means it can go as high as infinite (But Google only sell ads up to $6) or go as low as 0 (really bad network for that) Compared to a fixed CPM which may guarantee $2, no higher no lower.

With some un-fixed CPMs they do have a limit like Machinima Affilatship`s at $2.

some networks sell their own ads (higher than $6) allowing you to earn more.

They don`t decide , unless they sell their own, their stuck with Google`s ads. They decide how much they take.

If the split is 60/40 NET, not only do they take 60 of your earnings but they take 60% after they`ve already deducted money for staff and buildings etc

Gross means 50/50 but of all the revenue

Usually :
40/60 gross is 60/40 Net
50/50 gross = 80/20 Net
60/40 gross = 100/0 Net

Hope this helped :)

Your figures assume that all networks have the same advertising deal and that they all have the exact same expenses. They do not. The most important piece of info you need is the total ad revenue a network receives from your channel and what percentage of that they pay to you.

Your figures assume that all networks have the same advertising deal and that they all have the exact same expenses. They do not. The most important piece of info you need is the total ad revenue a network receives from your channel and what percentage of that they pay to you.
I don`t assume that at all... Lots of networks don`t have building fees, thats why I said etc

What's up with all these topics about money?
You're making videos because you think it's fun, you get paid (Good for you)

But to be honest I don't care how much I get and neither should anyone else.
I'm going to tell you you're not making a living out of this and only the best can do this.

I don`t assume that at all... Lots of networks don`t have building fees, thats why I said etc

If that's the case, your definition of a net split would be different for every single network and there's no way you can translate that into a gross split. Nothing personal-I just find those figures a big misleading because each network may have a different ad split with youtube depending on the volume of business they do-plus some of them also have their own internal ad departments that will obtain ads that are not from their internal adsense accounts, so gross figures vary as well. Maybe for your network and channels those figures are correct, but they aren't even close for mine.

If that's the case, your definition of a net split would be different for every single network and there's no way you can translate that into a gross split. Nothing personal-I just find those figures a big misleading because each network may have a different ad split with youtube depending on the volume of business they do-plus some of them also have their own internal ad departments that will obtain ads that are not from their internal adsense accounts, so gross figures vary as well. Maybe for your network and channels those figures are correct, but they aren't even close for mine.
It says usually

And ok, I got that examples from Maker Studio, Fullscreen`s are probably close to that

What's up with all these topics about money?
You're making videos because you think it's fun, you get paid (Good for you)

But to be honest I don't care how much I get and neither should anyone else.
I'm going to tell you you're not making a living out of this and only the best can do this.

Its a helping hand to alot of people and if you are going to get paid by joining a network anyway, you may aswell get paid a nice amount :)

I'm with Fullscreen.

Just as general advice to everyone, if you're already a youtube partner and monetized with your own adsense account, the thing you need to ask any network is if the split they're offering you will give you more income or less. 80/20 might seem like a good split, but it's not if it results in a loss of income. If you are going to make less money from a network, then make sure you're getting something in return.

I'm with Fullscreen.

Just as general advice to everyone, if you're already a youtube partner and monetized with your own adsense account, the thing you need to ask any network is if the split they're offering you will give you more income or less. 80/20 might seem like a good split, but it's not if it results in a loss of income. If you are going to make less money from a network, then make sure you're getting something in return.
In regards to that you will find some useful info in my Partnership Tip #2 which is up now :p

Its a helping hand to alot of people and if you are going to get paid by joining a network anyway, you may aswell get paid a nice amount :)

But that's the problem. People always want more money, and more, and more, and more, and more untill they reach that stage to sell their soul for a big pile of cash.
But it's not about the money. TGN told me they offer more than socialblade, but same features. I didn't choose them because they accused me of cheating. With other world it's the place where you feel home that should pick the network you want/need and not the amount of CPM you get. I mean when you get 100% but no contact when in trouble or 60% but you get the help you need. I go for the 60%.

I also have seen people that made an account. Suddenly get lots of views out of no where, become partner with a high CPM (according to you) and don't earn anything. Sell their account and go on.

Back