Out with the old?

Justine

I Love YTtalk
So seven months ago I got a new computer and with that I got a better editing software and was able to up the quality of my videos and just make everything nicer in general. I have 77 videos uploaded to my channel and a good portion of them are from when I was using windows movie maker (rip the quality of those videos) to edit and I feel like those videos kinda don't do my channel justice in a way, since all my new content is better than what I was posting before.

So I've been thinking about this for awhile and I kinda want the yttalk community's feedback on this; should I delete my older videos so my channel only has the better content I've made or just keep the videos up as a small reminder of the progress I've made throughout my time uploading on youtube?

((to whoever moved this thread thank you because I totally didn't know where to post this; you're the best:happy::happy::happy:))

Last edited:
it's really up to you, i've privated over 500 videos of mine in the past, because they were something I was ashamed of. (me singing in my pyjama as a 10 years old probably isn't ideal content). On my old channel only 27 vids out of 543 are public.

I would be OK keeping them. Kind of like a journey map for you as you continue in YouTube. Some folks might find it pretty fun to see how things started and where you are at now compared to when you first started.

You should keep them.

You should also go through every single video and optimize your title and description.

Videos like these are extremely hard to find with the youtube search and suggest algorithms.

Back