One of my YouTube videos has randomly gone from 480p to 1080p, it also suddenly started gaining traffic from India. What's causing this?

musafaj

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Why is this happening? I remember uploading this video in 480p ages ago because I wasn't wanting to pay the extra to export it in HD with the software I was using. Also, the same video suddenly started gaining traffic strictly from India, and A LOT of it in contrast to having getting no views at all. I've attached a graph to display this. I wouldn't make anything of it if it wasn't for the fact something feels off about it...

Attachments

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Maybe that episode launched recently in India
or maybe someone from the region just gave your channel a shout out
Or maybe they are bots that are just crawling to see if it's copyright infringement
or just spam bots that are watching your video to seem more legitimate and throw
YouTube off their scent
Who knows?
Easiest way to find out would just be to write a pin comment saying how did you hear about me.

about your video going from 480 to 1080... I think you probably are miss remembering OR maybe Youtube as a new AI for up scaling video (but I'm like 100% sure
YouTube would brag all day long about that)

ps. welcome to the forum

Reactions: musafaj

musafaj

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Easiest way to find out would just be to write a pin comment saying how did you hear about me.

about your video going from 480 to 1080... I think you probably are miss remembering OR maybe Youtube as a new AI for up scaling video (but I'm like 100% sure
YouTube would brag all day long about that)

ps. welcome to the forum
I did actually write a pin comment asking a question to make sure it's not bots, and I was going to ask the same exact thing you suggested but I decided to ask something more general that might seem like I'm less sus of the situation and that might warrant people to interact with it (if they are not bots). Also, I am 100% sure I uploaded the video in 480p as at the time I was only using the free version of what I was using to export which doesn't allow people to export in anything higher. I feel like something isn't right about this.

Attachments

Reactions: Nicekid76

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
That's really strange.
I'm going to try to look at some of my older videos to see if I notice anything similar.
I hope the view bump helps your channel

Reactions: musafaj