One of my videos is... Gone!?

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
So I was wondering for a while what this 'unidentified video' in my analytics was... I kind of ignored it, I thought maybe it was a glitch or something...
But I posted on here a little while ago, and realised that the video in my current signature is missing..
THAT'S the video thats gone, thats the one on my analytics, but I didn't delete the video?
I don't know why it's been deleted... I just emailed YouTube to get it fixed, but is there any way it could have been removed, without my permission?

It's super weird, it wasn't a controversial video or anything like that... i'm just confused.

That's definitely odd. I've never videos just vanish for no reason whatsoever....unless there was some type of copyright issue with the video.
But I'm pretty sure your video was made correctly (as in no violating anyone's copyright) though.

The only other thing I can think of is channels being hacked. But it's not as known or as popular as it used to be before security got better. Or so we would hope.
Hmmm...I hope someone with more knowledge comments on here to give this more insight. Cause even I would like to know what happened to your video. =\

.I hope someone with more knowledge comments on here to give this more insight. Cause even I would like to know what happened to your video. =\
I'm just hoping YouTube will get back to me soon... although I doubt it... Kind of sucks!
I might try to email a different part of youtube also, I just clicked the 'help' at the bottom of the page, maybe there is somewhere else I can contact

Very weird, and somewhat disconcerting. Could happen to any of us...with any video!

I'm pretty sure that YouTube will not allow you to upload the same video twice on the same channel, so have you tried re-uploading it to see what happens? Or do you not have the original file any more?

Very weird, and somewhat disconcerting. Could happen to any of us...with any video!

I'm pretty sure that YouTube will not allow you to upload the same video twice on the same channel, so have you tried re-uploading it to see what happens? Or do you not have the original file any more?
I have re-uploaded it, although I did make a few edits (though not because I didn't think it would work if I didn't, more that I didn't like a few bits of the video LOL)
Nothing seems to be going on right now, I uploaded the video again a few days ago and it's not gone yet so I think it's fine.

I got a reply from YouTube and they said that it was deleted by the user (me) which is kiiind of worrying since I DEFINITELY didn't delete it, I wouldn't have (since it was doing quite well LOL like at least 10x more views that my usual videos) so... thats weird..
Either way, lets hope this doesn't happen again! I changed my password up just to be safe though, you never knoooow

That's actually a typical YouTube response. Whenever something happens (like people losing subscribers when they upload and gaining when they don't), their typical response is that YouTube doesn't *insert scenario here*. Hope this response is genuine, though, cause I have noticed them start to be more direct with people on Twitter. So, it could have easily been a glitch, but we never really know. If it was deleted by 'you', then that means it was either deleted by someone using your IP Address or your account. Did they elaborate on that? If the IP Address is different from yours, then you were hacked. If it's the same, it's either a glitch, you accidentally deleted it, or someone got on your computer (or whichever device you have logged into your account.) and deleted it. Hope you figure this out. Must be a scary thing to find. Best wishes to you. :)

That's actually a typical YouTube response. Whenever something happens (like people losing subscribers when they upload and gaining when they don't), their typical response is that YouTube doesn't *insert scenario here*. Hope this response is genuine, though, cause I have noticed them start to be more direct with people on Twitter. So, it could have easily been a glitch, but we never really know. If it was deleted by 'you', then that means it was either deleted by someone using your IP Address or your account. Did they elaborate on that? If the IP Address is different from yours, then you were hacked. If it's the same, it's either a glitch, you accidentally deleted it, or someone got on your computer (or whichever device you have logged into your account.) and deleted it. Hope you figure this out. Must be a scary thing to find. Best wishes to you. :)
They didn't say which it was, but yeah! oh wel;

I have a lot of videos in my analytics that are the same! which is very weird. But I still get the views and money, which is also weird.
I have tried to contact youtube via twitter, but they haven´t respond, but then again, they never respond on there!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 16.20.34.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 16.20.34.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 4
So I was wondering for a while what this 'unidentified video' in my analytics was... I kind of ignored it, I thought maybe it was a glitch or something...
But I posted on here a little while ago, and realised that the video in my current signature is missing..
THAT'S the video thats gone, thats the one on my analytics, but I didn't delete the video?
I don't know why it's been deleted... I just emailed YouTube to get it fixed, but is there any way it could have been removed, without my permission?

It's super weird, it wasn't a controversial video or anything like that... i'm just confused.

I'm pretty new but one of my Let's Play series, like every video in the series, shows in the analytics as Unidentified Video. No idea why. But I wouldn't worry about, the videos you upload are still there and accessible.

I'm pretty new but one of my Let's Play series, like every video in the series, shows in the analytics as Unidentified Video. No idea why. But I wouldn't worry about, the videos you upload are still there and accessible.
No I mean it's actually gone,the video that I currently have in my signature is the video that's missing, and it comes up with no video there so..
It's just GONE haha

Back