Not showing up on the first page

LewisPlays

Currently I am not showing up when you search "LewisPlays" on YouTube, what do you need to do in order to pull yourself higher in the search results?

Currently I am not showing up when you search "LewisPlays" on YouTube, what do you need to do in order to pull yourself higher in the search results?

I did a search in youtube and found out there are 32,000 results for "lewisplays" and close to 5m results for "lewis plays".
Hence, it shows that these 2 keywords are way too saturated to have your channel show up in the 1st page, let alone 1st result.
It would take a long time for youtube's algo to pick up your channel name as competition is very high for this keyword. My advice is to focus on ranking your videos instead, using long tail keywords in the titles to rank higher faster.

If you do want your channel name to rank first in the search, i suggest a change in channel name to be most appropriate. Before that though, please do basic youtube research by searching for your new channel name first in youtube, and make sure the first few results that come out, do not have the direct keyword in their channel name. (I have a new channel and i did this step before even creating content, and now it is ranked number 3 if i searched for my channel name. First 2 spots belonging to my own videos in search)

To add on: your channel name should be unique (easier to search for and differentiate from all the other LewisPlays in the market). Basically, you are creating a new keyword for youtube's search engine for users to find.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

After reading @crazyjere s post I realized I didn't fully read your question. I thought the problem was that you weren't showing in search at all. I'm sorryabout that man.

When I read your post I thought the issue was that videos were showing up instead of your channel - but the actual issue is that there appear to be a TON of channels named LewisPlays.

Now the way YouTube handles search rankings is it cares about what video/channel is most relevant to the search. To be the most relevant you want to target the keyword that people are searching, but also create a lot of watch time.

Let's just create an imaginary scenario as an example. Let's say there were only two channels called LewisPlays. One of those channels gets 10 views a day averaging 5 minutes per view, so 50 minutes of watch time a day. The other one gets 100 views a day averaging 5 minutes per view, so 500 minutes of watch time per day. The second channel will rank higher in search, because it's generating more watch time, and seen as better/more relevant.

So if you want to get onto the first page, you need to grow and be creating more watch time than competitor channels. If you stick with YouTube for several months, and make an effort to learn SEO and how to bring people to your channel, then this'll likely happen anyway, as the other "LewisPlays" channels aren't very big. So it shouldn't take you very long to outrank them.

When I read your post I thought the issue was that videos were showing up instead of your channel - but the actual issue is that there appear to be a TON of channels named LewisPlays.

Now the way YouTube handles search rankings is it cares about what video/channel is most relevant to the search. To be the most relevant you want to target the keyword that people are searching, but also create a lot of watch time.

Let's just create an imaginary scenario as an example. Let's say there were only two channels called LewisPlays. One of those channels gets 10 views a day averaging 5 minutes per view, so 50 minutes of watch time a day. The other one gets 100 views a day averaging 5 minutes per view, so 500 minutes of watch time per day. The second channel will rank higher in search, because it's generating more watch time, and seen as better/more relevant.

So if you want to get onto the first page, you need to grow and be creating more watch time than competitor channels. If you stick with YouTube for several months, and make an effort to learn SEO and how to bring people to your channel, then this'll likely happen anyway, as the other "LewisPlays" channels aren't very big. So it shouldn't take you very long to outrank them.
Thank you for the response! this helped a lot!

Back