Not Received Payment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that the OP's YouTube channel has a remix of a song - This could be considered copyright infringement.
perhaps that is why.

good news i made small progress about Maker Gen or there real name Maker studio (thanks capt obvious). This happen many times before first one was with Ray William Johnson he wanted to leave but things got out of hand so heres a video explaining about it

(can't link anything :shifty2: just google it, its not hard to find a video or news paper about it.)

another one is The Fine brothers again the same thing happen and lastly Philip DeFranco who also hated Maker Studio. On their official youtube channel you can see that people are asking to be unlink, some of them are angry with Maker Studio. I cant see their forum but something is up so its not over until the truth is found.

Upon further research it seems there are a bunch of people in the Maker Russian & Spanish forums complaining about non payment as well.

Here are some questions I would like to ask:

1. Why does maker send an automated email notifying people that they wont be receiving a payment for the month due to some kind of "shady" behavior but remain linked to the network.

2. If the account is "suspicious" why is the account not banned. Why does the account still have advertisements displayed and analytics performing as normal.

3. Why is the dashboard showing paid out when its not. This is tax evasion according to the IRS for partners who haven't been paid as they are responsible for paying taxes on ALL income earned!

4. Why is their forum deleting posts and complaints from their own partners. I have seen at least 5-6 posts removed in the last few days!

Okay, creator fam - For the sake of confidentiality, we're not going to discuss what's happened with any one account in a public forum. That being said, the following bullet points outline the recent goings-on with August payments:

-All existing Maker creators are welcome to drop by the forum, where we've outlined why a portion of payments were delayed. Hint: It's not because the world is ending. ;) TL;DR version is...We switched to a new payment system, combined with a portion of PayPal payments simply not being sent out (by PayPal). Those affected by the system switch should be receiving payment soon (some have already), along with most of those using PayPal. We're continuing to work with PayPal's tech support toward a solution.

-YouTube has withheld payment (to us) for certain creators, based on what they call "suspicious activity" on the account. Some of these activities may include view botting, or other attempts to game the AdSense system. We are communicating with YT to obtain additional details. This process is standard practice across both networks, and partners connected to their own AdSense account.

We're working aggressively to bring these points to conclusion. If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me directly and we'll chat. <3[DOUBLEPOST=1414046220,1414037357][/DOUBLEPOST]
Upon further research it seems there are a bunch of people in the Maker Russian & Spanish forums complaining about non payment as well.

Here are some questions I would like to ask:

1. Why does maker send an automated email notifying people that they wont be receiving a payment for the month due to some kind of "shady" behavior but remain linked to the network.
We're performing our own investigation into the cases, and will react accordingly.

2. If the account is "suspicious" why is the account not banned. Why does the account still have advertisements displayed and analytics performing as normal.
YouTube takes action they deem appropriate for the circumstance.

3. Why is the dashboard showing paid out when its not. This is tax evasion according to the IRS for partners who haven't been paid as they are responsible for paying taxes on ALL income earned!
The royalties module wasn't configured to display the errors associated with recent events. Our tech team is working on that front. On the royalties end, end of year tax statements should not reflect income not earned. I'll speak with our head of Royalties to confirm that takes place.

4. Why is their forum deleting posts and complaints from their own partners. I have seen at least 5-6 posts removed in the last few days!

The forum moderators are elevating creators affected by recent events, to our support team. They are also working to remove posts that violate the forum ToS.

It seems like Maker has pulled a scam on many people by looking at their partner forums. O.

I'm not surprised. As I told many times they are just a brand and too overrated.
There are a lot of much better MCN's. But no, people still wanna join with: Maker, FS, Machinima.

That's what I thought it would be :p

YouTube has obviously deducted some channel's earnings, they do so if channels get suspended, the CPM is too high or playbacks/ impressions are higher than the view count.
They've been much harsher with deductions lately, not surprised it would be a wide-scale reported issue in a network with 60-70k channels.

But atleast Maker are working to get this money back and pay it out.
A few days ago we had a few people make the same complaint about Freedom who do not payout at all in this case.

Thank you Anharis for replying to this post and trying to address some concerns.
Here are some concerns that many people are worried about.
We're performing our own investigation into the cases, and will react accordingly.
Don't you think that maybe an automated email is not the best way of informing these creators? These people have been on the forums learning that there have been problems internally about payments, to receive an email about them being the problem. I don't think this email offered any solutions to the problem as well.
YouTube takes action they deem appropriate for the circumstance.

I think this is more of a question do with what Maker is doing with these channels. Why would Maker want to keep channels that are suspicious and aren't being paid without offering solutions? If these suspicious channels want to un-link from the network and Maker denies that, then there is something suspicious not going on with the creators, but with Maker.

The idea that channels that have been running successfully for years are now having their payments held with no proof besides that of a support rep's automated message is mind-boggling.

The idea that channels that have been running successfully for years are now having their payments held with no proof besides that of a support rep's automated message is mind-boggling.
But they were withheld/deducted by YouTube.

Maker can't pay out money they don't have, that would not be smart :p

All they can do is look into the reasoning, as they said.
There is no proof they can show, the deduction reports are literally just a spreadsheet with the channel names and the amount, there's nothing to be seen on them that shows they came from YouTube etc.

I have decided to close this and edit the title as per our policies regarding scamming accusations, we dont allow any member to make posts accusing networks of being "scammers/scams" without any solid proof and it is very clear that the accusations made by the OP in this thread are unfounded:

http://yttalk.com/threads/scam-youtube-networks.125796/

If anyone has any issues with payments from Maker Gen or any other network please seek support directly from your network rather than posting misinformed scamming accusations and keep in mind that at times there can be issues with payment from delays, incorrect payment details and copyright issues.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back